• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anticipating a problem with authorizing a device

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.Because I didn't deregister readers that I had to return to the manufacturer.........I am concerned that I am going to show up as having too many devices when my new reader arrives.  This will either give me a total of either 6 or 7 devices.  The fact is ...that when all is said and done I will only have 2.  However, I am concerned that because I didn't "de-register" the devices before returning them I am going to have a problem when my new Color Nook arrives on Thursday.

Am I misunderstanding how this all works.

What do I do to clear the returned devices that were authorized before?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't seem to follow you. You are talking of having to return "devices" that you have not "de-registered", and then you mention once an again Adobe Reader, which is an application. And a free one, that you download, does not require registration, and is not returned to the manufacturer. Yoy just trash it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed to have 6 reading devices with ADE.  I have returned 3 to the manufacturers after authorizing them.  I didn't realize that I was supposed to deauthorize them.  I don't have access to the 3 devices that I returned.  I have a 4th device registered that I am now using. It works just fine.  I am expecting device #5 to arrive in two days.

How do I delete the registrations for the 3 devices that have been returned?  My computer and ADE work just fine.  My problem is that I have 3 reading devices registered to my account...and................................I don't have these particular ebook readers anymore.  I will need to clear these 3 from my account if my spouse wants to share my account with me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that Adobe support people can do this with you, but I don't

know how they do it....

===============

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines