Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable To Include Files In iOS Package

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2011 Jun 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I an using the latest release version of Flash Builder, trying to package an app for the iPad. I have an AIR application that I created to run on a desktop, and have modified it to run on the iPad. It works fine, however I cannot package the need resource files it uses, such as jpg, xml, swf, and flv files within the ipa file using Flash Builder. It seems that if I select more than 30-40 of these types of files to include, Flash Builder will not compile the ipa file without some sort of error, the most common one talks about:

"Cannot run program "java.exe" (in directory "C\Users\lee\AppData\Local\Temp\AOT1308010984915"): CreateProcess error=206, The filename or extension is too long"

Now I am guessing that Flash Builder is appending all of my selected files to a command line string or something somewhere, and so it can't handle that long of string on the command line. If I stick to less than 30 files, it works fine, but if I try and the 1000 or so files that I need to, it will not work.

This app would never be in the app store, but rather on internal company iPads. The reason for so many files is the number of products the app covers, and the number of languages it supports. So yes the ipa file would be about 500Mb, but that should not be an issue, since an ipa file is basically a zipped archive. I think this is a bug though in Flash Builder; the program also becomes unresponsive when trying to access the include file list located in Project Properties -> ActionScript Build Packaging -> Apple iOS settings dialog. It make take several minutes before FB becomes responsive again when working with this number of files.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

There were issues regarding size and number of files of package.

Can you confirm if this problem persists when using Flash Builder 4.5.1 as well? (If you haven't received an update notification, go to Help -> Search for Flash Builder Updates)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

No, it still fails after the update. Atached is a screen shot of the

error.

Using the new AIR 2.7 SDK, I can compile this project from the command

line with no issues. Flash Builder though seems to have all kinds of

issues with this project I believe because of the number of files in this

project. It has about 10,000 files in it.

The other problem I see is that when modifying the project properties, FB

will hang up, also I think from the number of files in this project.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the bug: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-31616

The comments seem to indicate that if you put your files in a subfolder rather than directly in src, it should work.

Let us know how it goes.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since I first encountered this bug, I have always had my asset files in

subfolders. See the attached screen shot. This is my project folder, and

every subfolder is included except for the com folder, which for some

reason FB copied into the bin directory on it's own.

So I do not think this fixed. In this report, they are not using the same

number of files as I am, so it is possible that this only works with a low

number of files.

thx

Anirudh Sasikumar <forums@adobe.com>

06/23/2011 01:26 AM

Please respond to

clearspace-894750657-6285-2-3757081@mail.forums.adobe.com

To

Keith Lee <Lee_J_Keith@cat.com>

cc

Subject

Unable To Include Files In iOS Package

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 07/23/2011

Here is the bug: https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-31616

The comments seem to indicate that if you put your files in a subfolder

rather than directly in src, it should work.

Let us know how it goes.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here is the full stack trace error. It does not appear to be memory related. Any suggestions or is this a bug that will be fixed soon in an update?

java.lang.Exception

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.project.internal.FlexProjectCore.createErrorStatus(FlexProjectCore.java:1010)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLogImpl.log(GlobalLogImpl.java:66)

at com.adobe.flexbuilder.util.logging.GlobalLog.log(GlobalLog.java:52)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.packaging.IPAPackager.create(IPAPackager.java:220)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.doPackage(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:283)

at com.adobe.flexide.multiplatform.ios.launching.IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.launch(IOSOnDeviceLaunchHandler.java:181)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.multiplatform.MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.launch(MultiPlatformLaunchDelegate.java:180)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:238)

at com.adobe.flexide.launching.AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.launch(AbstractFlexLaunchDelegate.java:132)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:702)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:923)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1126)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're investigating this and will get back to you on this.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, has anything been discovered about this problem?

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines