• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to insert a hotspot image into an image in RH8?

Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the image below, I would like the user to be able to hover the mouse over the Red Rectangle labeled Base Area and an image to appear.  I am able to do this in Snagit Editor and insert a Flash Popup but I am unable to save the image in a file format that can be used in Robohelp.

Please help.

Many thanks in advance.

Select Base.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure you can. What you need to do is add the initial image to the topic then create an image map. This allows you to define shapes that when the user's mouse hovers over it indicates that there is a hyperlinkto another topic. Just right click on the image, select Insert Image Map and go from there.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum,

Thank you for your prompt reply, it is much appreciated. I forgot to mention that I am using Robohelp for Word, I presume you are talking about working in Robohelp HTML. I do not have any programming experience that is why I am using Word. Is it possible to do this in Robohelp Word?

Thank you in advance.

Billie Cousans

Scarborough Research

Email: bcousans@scarborough.com

Tel: 954 780 3684

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The same functionality is available in RoboHelp for Word.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm going to have to both agree and disagree with Colum's viewpoint on this.

First, the bad news. You won't be able to accomplish it as you described using only RoboHelp. Mousing over will not produce an image as you asked. Using what Colum suggested all you would see is a mouse pointer change indicating the area is clickable. But the user would need to click in order to see the image.

Now for the good news. You *CAN* actually accomplish it by acquiring a third party JavaScript solution. You might check out OverLib.  ( http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/ )

Hopefully this is helpful... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

I forgot to mention another way to approach it. - You could use Captivate and create the behavior. Then insert the "image" as the Captivate created SWF. It would be something super simple to accomplish in Captivate.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp