Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting a PPT from Captivate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have imported a PowerPoint (non-linked) into captivate and have created a course.  I would like to export the ppt slides from the captivate presentation (since updates have been made to the presentation).

How do I do this?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Sorry but it doesn't work in the other way, you can update a linked PPT in Captivate, you can import PPT-slides into Captivate but not turn a Captivate file into a PPT file.

You could create a SWF from the CP-file and insert that in Powerpoint. Why would you want a PPT again? Perhaps I can offer another solutions if I know the reason.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply.  I am not trying to turn a captivate file into a ppt.  I am trying to export the ppt that is already in there (the one that I imported).  I don't know if that changes your answer at all, but thought I would clarify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, my answer doesn't change. Does it mean that you do not have the original PPT anymore? If the PPT is updated, and is linked to Captivate the update can be reflected in CP.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Follow these steps to get the PPT back from Captivate:

1. In the Library panel, right-click the PPT and select Change to "Linked".
  2. It will open the Save As dialog, specify the folder name and click Save.
  3. You have the PPT saved now. If you wish to change it back to Enbedded mode, right-click the PPT again in the Library panel and select Change to "Embedded".

Let me know if this helps!

Pooja

Adobe Captivate Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pooja,

Thanks for this tip. I do rarely use PPT ...

If the PPT was already linked, and perhaps it was moved or disappeared, you first have to change to embedded, and then back to linked.

I just checked this out: created a CP-file from an (embedded) PPT, moved the original PPT to a different path, changed slides in CP and then followed your work flow. The PPT was created and it is always the original one, changes made in CP are not preserved, right?

Will try to remember, Pooja, you did teach me something.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve,

I'm sure I can learn a lot more from you on Captivate...

Regarding the workflow, the changes made to the PPT in embedded format are preserved and reflected in the PPT you get when the mode is changed to Linked...

Regards,

Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pooja,

I tried it out, and changes were not preserved (in CP5.5): moved the original PPT elsewhere. I had added some text captions in CP and when saving as a PPT after changing Embedded to Linked, those TC's were not visible.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lieve,

Adding Captivate objects won't be preserved in the PPT. But the changes you make in the embedded PPT by right-clicking the slide/thumbnail and selecting Edit with Microsoft PowerPoint > Edit Presentation will be preserved.

Pooja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pooja,

Yes, that I'm aware of. Perhaps I didn't get the question all right in this thread, so the original PPT will be saved but not the changes that has been done in Captivate, now all is clear.

Lieve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources