1 2 3 Previous Next 261 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2009 6:07 AM by EfeTurk

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

y2kmp3
      i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
      1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
      2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
      3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
      4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
      5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

• 2. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
          y2kmp3 Level 1
          plz help. come on, no one can even give a suggestion!?
          • 3. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
            birdynumnum
            Can someone please help this guy, I'm having exact same problem exept I get no sound on ANY flash content... it works fine on Windows media, Real, Quicktime, MP3, ect... everything except flash
            • 4. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
              Kaboche
              im having the same problem no sound but with video
              • 5. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                y2kmp3 Level 1
                this is too bad... still no answer : (
                • 6. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                  TwiztedDotNet
                  I'm having problems too...

After I upgraded to Flash Player 9, I can no longer VIEW embeded movies at all...
                  They show up just like a missing graphic.
                  (white box with X in corner)

I called Adobe Tech Support, and the lady told me that the only help they have on this software is on the website.
                  I haven't been able to find anything on this site that helps yet.

Anyone out there find a solution?
                  • 7. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                    stunky
                    I haven't had sound in any Flash content for a month although all other players work fine.

I've even had my IT department look my PC over and they can't figure it out. We've tried:

Updating to Flash 9
                    Uninstall and re-install of all Macromedia products
                    Install and uninstall of Flash Pro trial version
                    Uninstal and reinstall of Microsoft SP2
                    2 different sound sources (cards), an SB audigy and the on-board sound, and all the latest drivers

It's funny but I feel like an internet media cripple. My work mates send me Utube clips and I can't enjoy them.
                    • 8. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                      y2kmp3 Level 1
                      it is clear that this is not an isolated problem or case.

yet, adobe is keeping mum about this.

as users, we are only asking for tips or directions so we can seek a solution.

if this is a recognized problem by adobe, at least this should be publicly acknowledge so all of us don't waste our time thinking this is a problem on our end.

comment?
                      • 9. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                        birdynumnum Level 1
                        Your right y2kmp3! This problem of no sound is on soooo many forums, and nobody knows how to fix it. This is definately not an isolated problem and did not have a problem with it atall until Adobe took over and released version 9. Cheese-&-Rice Adobe, pull your finger out... Your suppose to be one bigger companies that produce high quality products, what happened here? You've damaged what was a good working program! This is not exactly a small bug thats easily missed or can be ignored, so how the hell did your quality control miss it? and step up a gear with your customer relations, we can forgive a bug... programming a difficult job so we understand it may happen occasionally but it pee's us off when you dont appear to even acknoledge the problem and that your working on rectifying it! Come on sort it out Adobe!
                        • 10. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                          marshhope
                          I couldn't agree more..I'm super ticked ..i thought it was just me!!
                          • 11. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                            DuggD Level 1
                            I suppose I'll add my voice to the growing mob. I get no sound at all out of Flash Player 8 & 9 (I don't have any earlier versions to test). All other audio players and applications work fine.

I've struggled with this problem for 3 months, posted on half a dozen tech help forums, and always the answer is the same: "Join the club, bro."

WAKE UP, ADOBE. This aint 18th century France, but you may get a revolution on your hands if you don't start respecting your customers' pleas.
                            • 12. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                              lowfield
                              problem fixed - checked my sound device settings and they'd all been set to somthing other than sound card (modem - wtf?) - anyway changed them back and no more sound problem with flash

rhetorical question - how come all the other players worked then???
                              • 13. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                Sloanie
                                Thanks for the idea to look at sound settings. I was having the same problem with Flash Player in OS X-- since I installed 9 beta I couldn't get sound to work, not even when I reverted to 8. In the Applications > Utilities folder I opened the Audio MIDI setup and found audio output was set to 96khz, and changing it to 44 or 48khz made it so sound again played in flash movies / animations, etc. Hope this helps any mac users out there having the same problem.
                                • 14. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                  y2kmp3 Level 1
                                  i am using win xp sp2. i checked all my sound settings. it looked ok.

my trouble is that i ONLY have NO SOUND, for example, when playing a youtube video that is EMBEDDED in a site OTHER THAN youtube. if i play the SAME video FROM youtube site directly, the sound is there.

when there is no sound, i can see that the sound bar is set to 0 at the bottom of the video when the video first plays. after it plays (without sound), even if i manually move the sound bar up, there is still no sound.

help?
                                  • 15. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                    YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
                                    "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
                                    "msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
                                    "msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
                                    "msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
                                    "msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
                                    "msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
                                    "vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
                                    "VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
                                    "vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
                                    "vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
                                    "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
                                    "VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
                                    "vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
                                    "vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
                                    "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
                                    "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
                                    "msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
                                    "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
                                    "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
                                    "msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
                                    "msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
                                    "msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
                                    "vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
                                    "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
                                    "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
                                    "msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
                                    "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
                                    "MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
                                    "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
                                    "vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
                                    "VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
                                    "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                    "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                    "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                    "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
                                    "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
                                    "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
                                    "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
                                    "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
                                    "VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
                                    "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
                                    "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                    • 16. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                      birdynumnum Level 1
                                      Gilhooley, you are a star! It works, have to edit my sound scheme afterwards but who cares... IT WORKS! Thanks mate, maybe you should take over adobe because you were a hell of a lot more help than they were :)
                                      • 17. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                        BilalM
                                        Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!

• 18. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                          y2kmp3 Level 1
                                          hi, your solution DID NOT WORK for me! i imported your .reg, rebooted, but still the same problem (see below). my problem is that there IS sound when i played the file directly from within youtube. it is ONLY when the youtube file is EMBEDDED in a 3rd-party website that the sound is MISSING.

can someone plz plz help????????

Previously written:

i am using win xp sp2. i checked all my sound settings. it looked ok.

my trouble is that i ONLY have NO SOUND, for example, when playing a youtube video that is EMBEDDED in a site OTHER THAN youtube. if i play the SAME video FROM youtube site directly, the sound is there.

when there is no sound, i can see that the sound bar is set to 0 at the bottom of the video when the video first plays. after it plays (without sound), even if i manually move the sound bar up, there is still no sound.

• 19. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                            njcal
                                            thanks Gilhooley. .. you are a god to me.. it really works
                                            • 20. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                              Kasrielle
                                              Ok - I've got windows XP, and when I go to LOCAL_MACHINE (as above) there is nothing under software that says microsoftwindows NT, or XP, or anything else. I did a search and can't find any file that includes "drivers32" (without the quotes of course)

So can somebody walk me through how to add this wavemapper to my registry?
                                              • 21. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                jerryfinn
                                                sloanie, thanks for the O SX solution to this baffling problem....I'm glad to atleast be able to hear the audio when watching youtube. I'm still a bit bewildered and confused as to why this happened at all. for me it seems to have happened completely out of the blue. ive had flash player 9 since it came out, and just yesterday something goes wrong.
                                                • 22. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                  birdynumnum Level 1
                                                  Heya y2kmp3! The regestry hack worked fine for me, but I think I may be able to point you in the right direction if the regestry fix didn't work. It sounds to me like you either haven't got the audio activex for flash or you have it disabled which would mean that it will not play when viewing on a website but will play fine with a standalone player. In internet explorer, go to the Tools menu and select Manage Add-ons.... Then from the pull down menu make sure you have Add-ons that have been used by internet explorer so it displays all of your activex's and see what is disabled in the list. I don't know which one it is, I think its Shockwave ActiveX Control and Shockwave Flash Object but try enabling ALL of them and restart internet explorer and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then you probably don't have it atall or its become corrupted. If this is the case then uninstall Flash, reinstall flash and THEN add the regestry bit as stated by Gilhooly. Make sure you include the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 as the first line of the text file and make sure what you save the text file as has the extension .reg otherwise it will not add it to the regestry. Save the file then double click on it to add it to the regestry and restart internet explorer (You don't need to reboot your PC, it should work straight away). If that fails then the only other thing I can think of it look at your security setting (IE Security, Firewall ect) as they sometimes prevent activeX's working on your browser though I doub't this is the case in your situation as your are able to watch the video... Appart from that I'm stuck... I hope this works for you!
                                                  • 23. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                    y2kmp3 Level 1
                                                    hi, thanks for the tips.

i looked under manage add-ons and what has been installed by IE. all are enabled. i don't find anything that was previously disabled. : (

i have uninstalled and reinstalled flash 9 many times, and imported the registry, but no help too : (

i seem to recall this problem first starts to happen which i upgraded to flash 8. as an experiment, i reverted back to flash 7 and everything works (i have sound for both youtube.com and EXTERNAL site that embedded youtube video). however, when i re-upgrade to flash 8 or 9, i again lost the audio for ONLY EXTERNAL site that embedded youtube video.

again, the problem is with no sound in flash9 when the youtube video is embedded in an external site (when the video is played directly within youtube, the sound is fine). i have posted a flickr photo showing the problem:

See Photo of Flash 9 Sound Problem on Flickr

please please help!!!
                                                    • 24. Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                      DecepticoN510
                                                      I've been having the 'No sound in flash player' problem and I think I may have found a solution, at least it worked for me. I actually found this on another forum and the solution is for XP users I believe.

When I would check my sound and audio device properties, it actually said that I had no audio device. And for some odd reason, under the sound tab and voice tab all the devices were set to "Modem #1Line..." The dropdown menu in these fields did not allow for any other choice. So as per the other forum, I proceeded with:

Start > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Windows Audio. Make sure "Windows Audio" service is running. If it's not, right click on this service and select "start".

Then I went back to sound and audio device properties and switched all the "Modem #1 Line..." back to the proper device as it was now available in the dropdown menu. Now I have sound in youtube and any other flash related sites.

Hope this helps.
                                                      • 25. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                        guillaume_cyr
                                                        THX GOD!
                                                        it also worked for me

quote:

Originally posted by: Gilhooley
                                                        YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
                                                        "midimapper"="midimap.dll"
                                                        "msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
                                                        "msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
                                                        "msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
                                                        "msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
                                                        "msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
                                                        "vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
                                                        "vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
                                                        "vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
                                                        "vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
                                                        "VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
                                                        "vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
                                                        "vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
                                                        "wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
                                                        "msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
                                                        "vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
                                                        "vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
                                                        "msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
                                                        "msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
                                                        "msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
                                                        "vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
                                                        "wave"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "midi"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
                                                        "msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
                                                        "MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
                                                        "MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
                                                        "wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "aux"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
                                                        "vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
                                                        "vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                                        "vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                                        "vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
                                                        "vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
                                                        "VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
                                                        "VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
                                                        "wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
                                                        "wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
                                                        "aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

• 26. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                          y2kmp3 Level 1
                                                          hi,

i checked windows services, but the windows audio is already started. all my audio selects are pointed to the correct setting.

again, my problem is that there is no sound ONLY if the youtube video is played in a non-youtube site as an embedded file, otherwise the sound is fine.

See Photo of Flash 9 Sound Problem on Flickr
                                                          • 27. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                            birdynumnum Level 1
                                                            Hmmmm. So sound works on other flash sites such as video.google.co.uk and www.cnet.com. Do you get the same problem if you view the site in a different browser such as firefox of opera?
                                                            • 28. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                              y2kmp3 Level 1
                                                              yep, the sound works fine on google video and cnet.com. it only does not work when the youtube video is embedded in a non-youtube.com site. please see my flickr photo above for a screenshot.

i only use IE on my computer. unfortunately, i cannot install firefox or opera for other reasons out of my control.
                                                              • 29. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                stunky Level 1
                                                                This worked! My IT guys are happy again and so am I. YouTube spoke to me for the fist time in months!

Sure would have been nice for Adobe to post a fix so I didn't have to go in and edit my registry by hand.

Hope no-one REALLY SCREWS their computer fiddling with the REGISTRY doing it BEFORE Adobe posts a fix. Like some desperate kid whos friends keep sending them clips they can't watch.

---------------------------------------------

"Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Have a nice day!"
                                                                • 30. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                  birdynumnum Level 1
                                                                  I have nicked this from YouTube's own help page, hope its of help as I am stuck otherwise. It sounds to me like you flash is working fine seems it works on google and cnet. Maybe its an error at there end and not at yours such as a small typo in their embedding code (easy one is using \'s instead of /'s) you could try and edit the HTML source of the site your are trying to view, save it on your hard drive and viewing that instead though don't ask me how to do this as I dont know anything about HTML coding. Sorry I can't be of more help! good luck!

Why can't I hear the audio when I'm watching a video?
                                                                  To make sure that you hear sound while watching videos, please check the volume controls on your computer. Also, be sure to increase the volume on other conventional video players on your computer, such as Real Player or Windows Media. This may have an effect on your computer's master volume levels. Next, check to see if your system meets these requirements for running the Video Viewer:

Macromedia Flash Player 7.0+ plug-in
                                                                  Windows 2000 or higher with latest updates installed
                                                                  Mac OS X 10.3 or higher
                                                                  Firefox 1.1+, IE 5.0+, or Safari 1.0+
                                                                  Broadband connection with 500+ Kbps

If your system meets all the requirements, but the Video Viewer still isn't working properly, please try troubleshooting with a different browser. Also, please test the audio on multiple videos. (Heres the link)
                                                                  • 31. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                    tifosi
                                                                    My problem ended up being with Quicktime.

I had no sound on youtube and tried everything listed (regedits, reinstalls, etc.), and in the end I went to the control panel under quicktime preferences>>audio tab>>Default music synthesizer. I changed this from 'quicktime music synth.' to 'general midi', and amazingly enough youtube sound works. I did have sound working on google videos and other flash video sites, youtube was the only problem.
                                                                    • 32. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                      razor3
                                                                      quote:

Originally posted by: BilalM
                                                                      Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

Have a nice day!

• 33. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                        Jar_read
                                                                        You two are awesome! That registry trick fixed the problem! I've been looking for a solution for weeks!!! THANKS!!
                                                                        • 34. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                          Harps5959
                                                                          First of all I would like to state this is the first time I have ever written on an online forum, and the only reason i'm writing it is to deeply deeply thank "Gilhooley". Who ever he/she is, I thank you for allowing me to interact with countless media online by having sound once again, something some of us may take for granted. But it goes to show0 with the help of others we can solve any problems we have.
                                                                          Thank you Gihooley and God Bless!
                                                                          x
                                                                          • 35. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                            xvsxodia
                                                                            quote:

Originally posted by: BilalM

Have a nice day!

BilalM your a genious, i'm using media center edition OS which is just xp pro with and extra piece of software ^^ i did this little easy thing and it works!!!! at last i've been installing and uninstalling my audio drivers like a maniac cause i couldnt get it to work >< thanks BilalM ^^ if you use xp this method i give a thumbs up ^^
                                                                            • 37. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                              Fake_Outdoorsman
                                                                              If editing the registry as mentioned above does not work then you can try uninstalling and then reinstalling your audio drivers. For example, flash video was skipping and the audio was not working in any browser (Flash 9, Windows XP, Intel motherboard, SoundMax Audio Drivers). I edited the registry, but that did not help. I went to intel.com and downloaded and reinstalled the SoundMax audio drivers for my motherboard. It did the trick.

I had trouble with SoundMax before. It is a 23 mb download and I only installed the driver file and not the associated SoundMax bloat. Everything worked fine except my audio programs would take a few seconds to close and video scrubbing in Adobe Premiere was slow and unresponsive. Reinstalling audio drivers (included the SoundMax files this time) fixed that as well.
                                                                              • 38. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                                vitamittens

Stranger, I may have a solution to your problem.... i have the same issue with my PC.

I just went to this site,
                                                                                http://www.nosystemsounds.com/
                                                                                and I downloaded K-lite mega codec pack and now....it works! Try it out, and read their instructions.

Vitamittens

I wish you luck. If ot works, tell everyone you know who has the same issue
                                                                                • 39. Re: Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?
                                                                                  vitamittens Level 1

Stranger, I may have a solution to your problem.... i have the same issue with my PC.

I just went to this site,
                                                                                  http://www.nosystemsounds.com/
                                                                                  and I downloaded K-lite mega codec pack and now....it works! Try it out, and read their instructions.

Vitamittens

I wish you luck. If ot works, tell everyone you know who has the same issue
                                                                                  1 2 3 Previous Next