• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Security issue with cab file

New Here ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My programmer is applying a MIME tab to the cab file and asked me what level of security is required. The issue is that with a lower security, the user can download and use the cab file. His concern was that applying a higher security that prevented the download might have unexpected results in IE. I am delivering WebHelp output. Has anyone had an issue with the cab file?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum KJ9

I'm sorry you haven't had a response to this post, I suspect it is because the question would probably be better placed in a developers forum.

You talk about users downloading cab files. Whilst they might do that when downloading a program, it is hidden from them. I don't even recall a post on these forums about CAB files.

Your webhelp is going to be installed on a server, I hope, so installation issues are really for your developer and your customers' IT people, not the users.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for putting the issue in perspective for me. This is the first time I have been questioned about the CAB file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp