• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create Plug-in or run external tool on build process

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to perform some additional file handling/creation during the building/publish process and make use of the conditional build tags.

so, is it possible to create a plug-in for Robohelp or maybe run an external tool during the build/publish process.

Making use of the Conditional buildtags is essential.

Thank you for your help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should look into the scripting support provided in RoboHelp 9. There you can do many things including file manipulation, SSL generation setting CBT's, and many more.

Please look @ http://help.adobe.com/en_US/RoboHelp/8.0/Scripting/robohelp_8_scripting.pdf

In Robohelp 9, there are many sample scripts provided to showcase the power of scripting in RoboHelp. It includes script to generate ePub output and eclipse Help Output, using scripting API only.

thanks

Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanx, I will look into that later this day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making progress using the extedscripting.

The only thing I would like is that my script is fired upon publish.

So when you press the Generate button, you can fill out the following form,27-6-2011 12-13-58.png

And when you complete this, I would like to run my custom script.

Is this possible ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right now RoboHelp does not support running script on certain event like post publishing.

Instead you should create a script which can generate the specific ssl for you and then execute your custom code.

You should look into the sample script like ePub generator.jsx file which generate XML output ssl from script.

thanks

Praful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Not that I know of. It would be a nice feature though.(You can submit feature request via http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform&product=38)

You can do it the other way around: Create a script that generates the content and then does whatever you like it to do.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp