• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I auto-hide the TOC

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RoboHelp 8 and have a WebHelp project in which I'd like the output to auto-hide the TOC, allowing the user to click to open it if needed. There doesn't appear to be an option for that. Instead, the user can currently choose to close it, but it defaults to Open. Any ideas on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Willam,

This is incredibly helpful.

I took the steps suggested in your link and it worked well. Do you know if there is a way to have it show the toolbar at the top, while still hiding the TOC pane?

For example, after making the changes suggested, when Help opens the user see's the Show hyperlink at the top of the page:

Show.png

Once he clicks Show, the following toolbar appears and he can click Contents to open the TOC if he so desires:

Toolbar.png

Are there additional tweaks that can be made to have it automatically show the toolbar as shown above, without first having to press Show, but still hiding the TOC pane as it does?

Thanks so much for your help.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

You might also check out my Skinny on Skins file. (freely available at the link below)

Click here to view

There are some ways outlined in it.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2011 Jun 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That you see the show link has to do with the way you call your WebHelp.

Check out http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm and http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/webhelp/csh. The call to your help system is probably something your developers need to amend.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent. Thanks Willam!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick! Very helpful info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp