• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Removing Top Frame....

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if there is a way to remove the top nav frame within Robohelp (contents, index, search etc)? I'm looking to incorporate my own Flash nav bar, so the top one would be come redundant.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron -

I guess it could be done, but It would take some major futzing with the JavaScript... I think it would be far easier/better to just set that top frame to a height of 0. That way, it will all still work, and you can add your new nav bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me...but how do I set the nav bar height to "0"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 11, 2006 Aug 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing to forgive, Aaron -

Open your startup file, the one you use to initially open up the help file. Find the section :

var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\"63,*\" . . .

. . . and change it to:

var strHTML = "<frameset rows=\"0,*\"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file is that exactly? What is the extension on it? I don't see it in the xpj file, which is what I use to open my project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its the filename you choose in your Generated WebHelp output. - the initial startup file, with the frameset.

The name will be different every time, but it's often the name of your project. ProjectName.htm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. However, everytime I re-generate my output, doesn't that file get overwritten? Would I have to do it each time I publish/generate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron -

I use ReplaceEm a free utility that will search and replace multiple lines in multiple files.

And, you can save your search 'n replace processes to a script, and re-run them with two clicks. Just like a project .xpj or .hpj file, I usually have a .bkr (ReplaceEm) file for each project as well .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Roger -

I edited the htm file, however, when I view the page, it stil displays the normal sized top nav bar. I even removed all images from the top bar, except for 1 that is 1x1 px to function as the TOC link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a parallel piece of "frameset" code in whskin_homepage.htm, with the same number of rows as in the launch page.

I'm not sure whether or when this gets invoked.

Maybe you've already done the following, but it's worth mentioning in case you haven't:

In whstart.js, near the beginning, look for this line:

var gsToolbarOrder = "custom7279|toc|blankblock|banner";

Even if you don't have any buttons, you might see the banner button that you thought you had deleted.

And in whskin_tbars.htm, near the end, look for these lines:

addButton("toc",BTN_TEXT|BTN_IMG,"Contents","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("fts",BTN_TEXT|BTN_IMG,"Search","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("searchform",BTN_TEXT,"","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");
addButton("banner",BTN_IMG,"","","","","",0,0,"","","","","","");

addButton("blankblock");
writeStyle(false);
ReSortToolbarButtons();
writeToolBar();

Again, that pesky banner button creeps in.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaron, Harvey -

Swapping out that value works for my WebHelp test project with the Buttons skin, using RoboHelp Html X5.0.2 on IE6.0.2 -

- it collapses the top 63-pixel-high frame, and only the left and right panels are visible. So, I am at a loss here - Perhaps you could post your WebHelp output where we can examine it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Roger,

I apologize for not trying your suggestion before responding.

Indeed it works for me, too, with RH X5.0.2 and IE6.0.2, as well as current versions of Netscape, Firefox and Opera, on Win 2000.

All that extra stuff I suggested isn't needed for this purpose.

Aaron,
Sometimes I forget to clear the browser cache after generating a revised package.

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp