• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search no longer functioning - Robohelp 8

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2011 Mar 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've been publishing with Robohelp 8 HTML into WebHelp for more than a year, and on my last publish, it looks like search has stopped functioning. If I search for anything, no topics are returned.

It appears my publish settings are the same and the correct index is being used. Anyone have an idea what would cause this? I have no idea where to even start looking to figure out what's wrong.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the search function inside the generated help? If so, it must be a server related issue. Try publishing to a different location if that is possible.

The RoboColum(n)   @robocolumn   Colum McAndrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2011 Mar 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it does appear to be functioning locally. I will speak to my developer about a new location and see if that's possible. I'll let you know what happens!

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell us what the problem was please? Helps others with the same problem.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It ended up being a browser issue. The search function in RH8 does not work at all in Google's Chrome. We recently installed Chrome on a lot of our machines, and it turns out that's the browser everyone was using when they reported issues. Go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For the record: I have no problems at all with RH8 WebHelp and Google Chrome. Local WebHelp is a problem, but that's Google's fault.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is another thread on this where it was tracked down to the Google Frame add-on.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3725969#3725969

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp