Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Reader X: print to HP Plotter only on A4 Paperformat possible

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2010 Dec 13, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

after installing Adobe Reader X  I cannot print any other paper format than A4 to my HP designjet Plotter 750c (E/A0).

Changing Paper Format in printer driver has no effekt in the printing dialog of Adobe Reader X.

Printing from Adobe Reader X to my other Printer Ricoh MPC2050 I can change between A5 to A3 without Problems.

With the old version Adober Reader 9.xx this was no problem and I could print all paper formats HP750c Plotter supports.

Adobe Reader X runs hier on a Windows XP system. Other software like autocad works well with HP750c Plotter with als supported paper formats.

HP Plotter Designjet 750c driver for Windows XP has version 4.65 (latest german version on HP website)

Has anybody any Ideas, where there ist the Problem?

Thanks for your help

Axel Rathey

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem printing to HP Plotter's.

But the only solution we found is to go back to Adobe Reader 9.4.

Is there any solution for Adobe Reader X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Matthias-ct,

I am using foxitreader and waiting for an Adobe Reader X bugfix. Hopefully Adobe reads this forum too.

MfG

Axel Rathey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Axel

Thanks for your reply.
So we'll use the old Version of Adobe Reader until there's a bugfix...

Greets

Matthias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have rediscovered the Adobe Reader X printing problems as well.  We had the most current version of Reader 10 available on our computers.  We cannot print to 24x36" size paper on our plotter with Reader X, but have no problem with printing with the most current version of Reader 9.  It is the same issue as discussed before, the paper print size will not change from 8.5 x 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to version 9

Or contact adobe support. They have a convoluted fix and say that the problem will be fixed in later updates.

I have taken that with a pinch of salt and continue with version 9.00 turning down offers to update to 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2011 Jun 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear users,

you would be glad to hear that we have resolved this issue starting Reader 10.1 update which has been rolled out recently. So you may safely move to Reader and would n’t be facing any plotter issue. Incase, you still do then please let me know at the earliest. For now, we have not heard this issue from anyone who upgraded their reader application to 10.1.

To check the current version go to Help--> About Adobe Reader X and look at the bottom of the splash screen. If it is not updated to 10.1 then I would suggest updating to Reader 10.1

Hope this was useful. Thanks.

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the 10.1 upgrade and it didn't help at all. I went beck to Reader 9.4 and it works fine. Mike Hairfield

> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:33:38 -0600

To: fsltd3@msn.com

Subject: Adobe Reader X: print to HP Plotter only on A4 Paperformat possible

Dear users,

you would be glad to hear that we have resolved this issue starting Reader 10.1 update which has been rolled out recently. So you may safely move to Reader and would n’t be facing any plotter issue. Incase, you still do then please let me know at the earliest. For now, we have not heard this issue from anyone who upgraded their reader application to 10.1.

To check the current version go to Help--> About Adobe Reader X and look at the bottom of the splash screen. If it is not updated to 10.1 then I would suggest updating to Reader 10.1

Hope this was useful. Thanks.

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail.

This is really embarrassing for me. I highly apologize if it really is not working.

Could you please verify the paper dimensions displayed around the output preview window when you try to give paper size bigger than 8.5 x 11?

Does it still show 8.5 x 11 ? If it is the case then it is definitely not fixed? Sorry for bothering you but if you could provide this information on immediate basis then I will inform all my customers who may just download the new version?

Thanks for your help,

Atul

Sent from my HTC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

It seems things are working fine at my end.

Could i ask other users to please verify whether the plotter issue has been fixed with Reader 10.1 release or not? I appreciate your help & time.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2011 Jun 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update is working fine for us using an HP1050C plotter. The plot

dialog behavior is as it was under 9.x - ie. you have to set paper

and pages size. Once those are set everything works well.

Thanks for the fix.

--

__o

-\<,

()/ ()

```````````````````````````````````````

Eric Roselle

Peckham & Wright Architects, Inc.

Atul Agarwal writes:

> Hi Mike,

>  

> It seems things are working fine at my end.

>  

> Could i ask other users to please verify whether the plotter issue has been fixed with Reader 10.1 release or not? I appreciate your help & time.

>  

> Thanks,

> Atul Agarwal

> Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Reader 10.1.0. Trying print format A4 on HP 1315, and nothing was printing. When I disabling Protected Mode of Reader printing was done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to 10.1, I have been able to plot 8.5x11 and wide format (I think it was 30x42) pdf's to our HP 1055.  After I've rolled 10.1 our company wide, I'll report back if any further issues are encountered.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem still with 10.1 on Windows XP SP3 with HP Designjet 1050, Driver v4.68. I select paper format in print options dialog, but reader will always just use format A4. After disabling the safe mode, I'm able to select other paper formats and print normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like we have same problem with HP Designjet 1055.  Had no problem with Reader 9, but can't print with Reader X.  We can print with Acrobat 9 or Nuance Pdf Reader to 1055.  And Reader X prints to all other printers.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2011 Jan 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm posting here in the hope that Adobe reviews and responds to these posts.  We are having the same issues described here and elsewhere in the forum - when sending large-format drawings to our HP 1050C plotter, Adobe Reader X will not plot any size other than A4/8.5x11.  This worked in all previous versions of Reader.  It continues to work with alternate PDF software, with versions of Reader before 'X', and with any other software designed to deal with large drawings.

My understanding is that PDF is a print format - unfortunately, after the update Reader appears to have limited functionality (in this respect).  Between the many security issues that have recently plagued the software and the difficulty of obtaining it without accompanying unwanted, undesired add-ons (ie. download manager, toolbars, flex, etc.) - we are actively looking at alternative software such as Sumatra, Bluebeam, Foxit, etc.

It looks as if people have been posting on this issue for at least a month - maybe I've missed it but Adobe does not seem to be responding?

(FRUSTRATED!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2011 Jan 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for reporting the problem in Adobe Forums.

Could you please try the following steps to see if it helps?

Please try disabling Protected Mode of Reader and see if the issue goes away. You can achieve this by launching reader and then go to Edit-->Preferences. Under the 'general' category pane, uncheck the checkbox "Enable Protected mode at startup" and press ok. Now, close reader application (do not forget this step otherwise change won't affect). Now re-launch reader and try printing to see if it resolves the issue.

PS: It is not suggested to turn OFF the protected mode of the reader. so please revert to the same after verifying the solution.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried printing to our 1055 with Protected Mode disabled and we finally were able to print.

However, as you note, protected mode security is one of the reasons we moved to Reader X, so we don't consider this a solution.  Users will not be bothered to turn it on and off in order to print to this one printer, they'll simply leave it off.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Rich,

I was not proposing a solution but was trying to understand the issue better as it seems like a known issue at our end and with a probable fix available.

You can please send an e-mail to me directly at atulagar@adobe.com and I will share the probable fix with you guys and then you can let us know whether it works for you or not.

Request everyone facing this issue to please send an e-mail to me directly.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2011 Feb 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Atul, thank you for the possible fix, but the files you sent did not resolve the problem for me.

Rich

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2011 Feb 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Atul,

The HP Plotters was able to print after disabling or unchecking the Protected Mode... also fixed the problem on some of our applications, As we are deploying the Adobe Reader Updates/Upgrades worldwide through our Systems Management Server, Can we disable as a remedy the Protected Mode by default through Adobe Customization wizard?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Valued Customers,

We have identified the problem as being reported by many of you and trying to work on this to resolve it as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe Reader X yesterday and

I too can not print to my HP 650C plotter at all.

How do I go back to Adobe Reader 9?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2011 Feb 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Please try disabling Protected Mode of Reader  and see if the issue goes away. You can achieve this by launching  reader and then go to Edit-->Preferences. Under the 'general'  category pane, uncheck the checkbox "Enable Protected mode at startup"  and press ok. Now, close reader application (do not forget this step  otherwise change won't affect). Now re-launch reader and try printing to  see if it resolves the issue.

PS: It is not suggested to turn OFF the protected mode of the reader. so please revert to the same after verifying the solution.

Hope this helps. Meanwhile, we are working in the issue.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2011 Feb 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you said to do and it did plot the PDF file but there is a problem with some

of the lines being so faint that quite frankly you can not read them.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

Thanks,

Mike

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 23:50:02 -0700

To: fsltd3@msn.com

Subject: Adobe Reader X: print to HP Plotter only on A4 Paperformat possible

Hi Mike,

Please try disabling Protected Mode of Reader and see if the issue goes away. You can achieve this by launching reader and then go to Edit-->Preferences. Under the 'general' category pane, uncheck the checkbox "Enable Protected mode at startup" and press ok. Now, close reader application (do not forget this step otherwise change won't affect). Now re-launch reader and try printing to see if it resolves the issue.

Hope this helps. Meanwhile, we are working in the issue.

Thanks,

Atul Agarwal

Adobe Systems

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines