• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adding a name to CertificateWidget

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been playing with the Certificate widget but my test project no longer asks for the user's name if they pass the quiz.  The Certificate properties don't have a way to attach a variable to the "name" location on the widget.  It worked before but I didn't do anything to make it work.  Captivate just presented me with a slide where I inputed my name and it then appeared on the certificate.  That input slide is missing and I can't figure out how to pass a variable to the certificate slide.

Sorry if this is rambling.  I have a good deal of experience with javascript and PHP, so I understand variables, but I'm stumbling over Captivate's user interface...

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Must be version 5 you are using or is it 5.5?

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, sorry.  I should have been clearer.  I am using 5.0.2.630.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ,

Just check this forum thread link : http://forums.adobe.com/thread/803537

Let me know if this helps.

In Captivate 5 Certificate Widget the user will be asked to type in his name on preview of the project and this will be inserted on the certificate. The user variable to store the name is created automatically. This workflow is different from the CP4 Certificate Widget where as a developer you had to create the user variable before and the widget would have worked.

Thanks and regards,

Sudeshna Sarkar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources