• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Dynamic Form Builder

New Here ,
Mar 26, 2008 Mar 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a company that has been building ColdFusion apps and content managements systems since v3.1. That said, I am (and have been for the last 2 years) in desperate need for a good “dynamic form builder”. I was hoping the Adobe would incorporate something like this into v8 (with the acquisition of Interakt), but it never seemed to happen.

Basically, I need an open-source module that I can integrate into a non-profit application that we’re working on. We need to give our users (about 3,000) the ability to create their own forms (for event registration, contact submissions, donations, etc.) and have the data stored dynamically into a SQL Server database. Additionally, some sort of reporting and payment option integration would be nice as well.

Does anyone know anything out there like this that exists? I've seen lots of great apps out there (like JotForm, etc.), but I can't seem to find a good ColdFusion one that I can use in my application. I am more than willing to pay for it.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can check out following project.

http://fbx_formbuilder.riaforge.org

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oğuz,

Thanks for the reply. I have seen this one before, however, it was written back in 2006 and hasn't been updated since. I am hoping that someone has spent some time creating a good CF GUI and reporting. Ajax would be very nice as well.

Sincerely,
Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some here but all are bundled in some commercial projects.

In general the logic is not too complicated. The project that I sent has already these kind of approaches. You may consider to create your own with some improvements.

The Ajax stuff is that we are planning to apply for our portal solution by using jQuery. Basically we just need some more time as always. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally understand. If you're interested (when you're done it) in demoing/selling the individual component, let me know.

Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 27, 2008 Mar 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If we decide to make it public, you will definitely get the information. :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2010 Nov 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have just downloaded and installed the fbx_formbuilder to give it a try. After I set up my admin account through the app, I went as far as filling the Form Information page to start creating a form. When I clicked on the submit button, it displayed a blank page at this url, http://localhost/fbx_formbuilder/formbuilder/index.cfm?fuseaction=fb.saveform . Has anybody experienced this problem? Thanks.

-- C. Lee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2011 Feb 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're working on a project that will allow our users to create Adobe PDF forms and upload them to be served by the web server. We have it working at about 90% if we work out the bugs we'll probably make the project public.

-Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 20, 2012 Feb 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Andrew,

Did you guys ever push the Adobe PDF forms public?  Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2011 Aug 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an end-to-end solution that supports this entire use case based on Adobe PDF SmartForms, including business user authoring, hosting, and management.

http://www.avoka.com/form-factory-overview.html

It's not open source or free 🙂 But I'm sure it will satisfy your needs.

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation