• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Google Maps API for flash not working on real device iPad

New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use flash builder 4.5.1 to build app for Google Maps API for iOS (map_flex_1_20.swc), and it is working well even on the simulator on PC, but after I generate the IPA use FB4.5.1, and install on iPad , it not working at all, only show a while screen.(I used the TabbedViewNavigatorApplication, the botton Tabbar is working, I can switch the page, but on the maps page show nothing)

I also try the code on Flash CS5.5  using map_1_20.swc , when on the PC debug, it works well,(swf files), but install the AIR ipa on the iPAD, show nothing only a white sceeen.

anyone  met this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think there is no way to use the Google Maps API for Flash / Flex for iOS, because it tries to load an external swf file form the google server at runtime, and the iOS doesn't allow it. The only workaround I have found so far is create a web page with the Google Maps API for JS, and load it with StageWebView.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cait Seth is correct.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Argh, I was afraid of this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2012 Feb 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With AIR 3.0 and native extension, you can use google Maps native component to display maps on your AIR application. Check out http://code.google.com/p/air-maps-ane/ for some basic mapping functionalities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2012 Feb 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can also use the MapQuest Mobile Flash Maps API.  It's supported by MapQuest and does not need any work-arounds in order to work with the Flash Platform.  It also takes advantage of the "build once, deploy anywhere" functionality in Flex 4.5+.  MapQuest provides a demo app for Android and iOS and has the source code available for download, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines