Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_CORE_LOAN_SIGNATURE

Mar 12, 2011 Mar 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out an ebook from the library and when I tried to open it in ADE, I got this error message: E_ADEPT_CORE_LOAN_SIGNATURE. The first time I opened it (I double clicked the acsm file) it loaded into ADE fine. Then I think I accidentally opened it again, and that's when I started getting the error message. I'm running ADE on a mac. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Did you ever solve this issue?  I have the same one.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have received this same error message today when trying to download a couple of books from local library site. My daughter was in the middle of reading one book when suddenly it would not allow her to continue to read because it's no longer being recognized(?)

HELP!!

*running Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would appear that the issue has to do with the electronic tag that the

library put on the ebook record. My guess is that your loan period

expired. If it did so during the time you daughter was reading the ebook,

then that loan period has an expiration date AND time. You can contact the

library and talk with their tech support people about how this works with

their software and get more information....

Hope this helps!

================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually we had just taken the book out of the library yesterday so she has according to the library site 13 more days to have the book.  I will call the library tomorrow and hopefully they will be able to shed some light on what the problem is.  I was just hoping that someone else had an answer for me that had the same thing happen to them.

Thanks for your reply!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check also the time and date setting on your computer and the ereader. The

countdown calculates due dates based on those values against the one from

the library. Your ereader and your computer should agree - within a small

variation - and if you ereader has a time zone value, make sure it's set to

your time zone.... Details, details.

HTH!

=================

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked 3 ebooks through Overdrive yesterday.  The first one opened perfectly in ADE but when I looked at it again I got this very same message.  Like you I had clicked on the ascm file, twice.  The other two books went in to ADE perfectly, with no problems.

I contacted the library and they told me to follow these steps.  Unfortuneately, this has NOT solved my problem. I am still getting the error message when I download the book.

1. Delete the title from ADE, if it exists

2. Close ADE

3. Delete all  other instances of the title from the computer if it exists-check the  Documents | My Digital Editions folder (do a search for the title)

4.  Delete the contents of both the tasks and failed folders located in  Documents | My Digital Editions | Restore folder

5. Clear the browser's  temporary Internet files or cache, close and reopen the browser (this  step is extremely important)

6. Attempt to download the title again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it still isn't working after all that clearing of the existing files and redownloading, then you may also want to ask your library to write to OverDrive's support and ask them to completely reset the license on the books you have already "checked out."

What usually happens is that the first time you download or attempt to download a title, it contacts the Adobe server and assigns a license to that file that is tied to your Adobe ID or tied to the individual copy of ADE, depending on the circumstances. That info is recorded on the Adobe Server. Sometimes things go wrong in that process and the information that gets communicated to the Adobe license servers is wrong. Subsequent attempts to re-download the item will fail because your copy of ADE doesn't match the bad information that Adobe has on their server about which computer should be allowed to download the file.

So follow the advice to clear everything. Then ask your local library to write to OverDrive and ask them to totally reset the licenses on your "checked out" ebooks. Then you can hopefully redownload them and get totally new licenses from Adobe that should work. One way to test this would be to checkout a totally new title, one that's not already on your account, and see if it will download or not. If it works, then I'm pretty sure that the previous titles will work if you can get OverDrive to clear the licenses.

If it doesn't work then you may have to go as far as uninstalling ADE, deleting all references to it from the Windows registry, reinstall ADE, reauthorize with your Adobe ID, and then download new titles. At this point you may have to have OverDrive reset the licenses as I mentioned above or just choose some new books and wait for the others to expire off your library account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work after I followed these steps:

1. Delete the title from ADE, if it exists 2. Close ADE 3. Delete all  other instances of the title from the computer if it exists-check the  Documents | My Digital Editions folder (do a search for the title) 4.  Delete the contents of both the tasks and failed folders located in  Documents | My Digital Editions | Restore folder 5. Clear the browser's  temporary Internet files or cache, close and reopen the browser (this  step is extremely important) 6. Attempt to download the title again

It worked for me! and I am so glad.

Thank you everyone for your replies! I really appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2012 Aug 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On mine, it seems I can't have two active in the nook at once. I have two books from the library, downloaded a couple days apart. 

If I go back and open one of the acsm files, and then delete and resend it to the Nook, that one works and the other doesn't.  Could the hosts have changed something between those two downloads?

-Robert

p.s.  I had a hard time finding an avaliable screenname!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines