• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFMail and Out Of Office Notifications

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea if anything like this is even possible but I have been asked so thought I would check. An e-mail notification is sent to a person via CFMail. If the users "Out of Office" is on, is there anyway for a reponse to come back?
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The returned e-mails will be sent to what ever e-mail account you use to
send the message with CFMail. If this account uses POP, you can use
<CFPOP>, and|or third party plug ins, to programmatically access it.

KateG wrote:
> I have no idea if anything like this is even possible but I have been asked so
> thought I would check. An e-mail notification is sent to a person via CFMail.
> If the users "Out of Office" is on, is there anyway for a reponse to come back?
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the responses. I thought that would be the case so I just tested it out. If I put a DL in the from part of CFmail I do not receive an out-of-office notification. If I put my own e-mail in there I do. Can an out-of-office e-mail not go to a DL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is a DL?

KateG wrote:
> Thanks for the responses. I thought that would be the case so I just tested it
> out. If I put a DL in the from part of CFmail I do not receive an
> out-of-office notification. If I put my own e-mail in there I do. Can an
> out-of-office e-mail not go to a DL?
>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes because the out of office response would go to the email address that you put in the from atrribute of the cfMail tag.

Also be careful that the email address in the from does not have a autoresponse. I had one case where cfMail sent an email to a bogus email account so the server sent back no such email account response and the reply to was the bogus email address. Well then my clients email account sent back an autoresponse he had set up saying he would answer the email shortly. Well they bounced back and forth until his inbox was full (~9000 emails).

T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 11, 2006 Aug 11, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A distribution list

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 12, 2006 Aug 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If your mail server stores the distribution list, it should send the reply to the appropriate email addresses. If the list is restricted somehow (only owners can mail to the list), then the reply would be rejected.

If the list is something in your local address book, then it would not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation