• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 5-what's needed on the server

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So we are building a JSF application and our trainer just brought me some files that he said were made using robohelp5 that will need to be in our application.

This is the first I have ever heard of robohelp and was wondering how do you deploy these and what is needed on the server? I hope it is as easy as installing some server software, putting the files out there and then placing links into our xhtml pages of our app but I would appreciate some info on this.

Thanks

Jym

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Hi,

Since you're seeing ALI, BRS, etc, you have received the RoboHelp project files. You must publish only the output files. Check for a folder named !SSL!. That should contain output. If you have RoboHelp, you can also open the project by opening the .xpj file. You probably want to use WebHelp output, as that's just a bunch of HTML, JS and CSS files. You can put those files on a web server.

As for context sensitive help, that requires some work in both your application and in RoboHelp. See:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/webhelp/csh

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Assuming your trainer gave you RoboHelp OUTPUT files, it would be a collection of HTM files, JavaScript files, possibly image files and some folders with other files. Basically you copy all that to the server using the same folder structure as what was given to you.

RoboHelp output is nothing more than a collection of web pages presented in a Frameset.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jym and welcom to the community,

Can you tell what kind of files you received? RoboHelp can create different types of output. Since you are speaking of a server, I assume you have received several HTML files with JS files and CSS. Am I correct?

Also, do you just need to open the help, or do you need to provide context sensitive help? (Help that opens a relevant topic based on what you're doing in the software?)

Perhaps you can ask the one who created the content what output is provided and whether you need to use context sensitive help.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it is a big application so he would like it to open to context specific points in the files he created (ideally).

As to the files he gave me; yes there are many that are just cs or html but then there are more that I don't recocnize (ALI, BRS,CPD,GLO,HHC...and many more). I was hopeful it was just static pages but he says he has videos and all manner of files in there (this first group is just a  test case before he sends me the entire manual)

So do I still just unzip them onto our server as static pages and then just create a link or is there more to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you're seeing ALI, BRS, etc, you have received the RoboHelp project files. You must publish only the output files. Check for a folder named !SSL!. That should contain output. If you have RoboHelp, you can also open the project by opening the .xpj file. You probably want to use WebHelp output, as that's just a bunch of HTML, JS and CSS files. You can put those files on a web server.

As for context sensitive help, that requires some work in both your application and in RoboHelp. See:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/calling_webhelp/calling_webhelp.htm

http://www.wvanweelden.eu/robohelp/webhelp/csh

You will need to work together with the writer to get the csh working.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys-that gives me a lot to start with. I appreciate the help. I may need to post

more questions later but at least I can start testing/working on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp