Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JVM Crash During Flash Builder 4 plug-in Install

Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While installing the FB 4 plugin (selected an existing Eclipse install, Ganymede), I received a JVM crash dialog while files were being copied.  After closing the dialog, the installer kept going, and seemed to complete successfully.  However files were not copied into the Eclipse directory I specified.

I did end up copying from the plugin's /eclipse directory (which did get created) to the version I wanted to install within, and things seem fine (so far).  Has anyone seen this happen before?  One thing to note is that this system (in the crash report) is using a "jvm.dll" Java VM.  Installing FB 4 standalone works fine, but when running it, I get a similar error (permgen space I believe).  I was able to resolve that by using some startup parameters and I think the parameter that worked for getting it running was "-vm javaw.exe".  In light of the plugin-installer's crash I found that interesting.

It would be good if the FB installers could be simpfied a little so they're a little less fragile, or at least, allow us to specify jvm parameters during the install so this type of issue can possibly be worked around.

TOPICS
Installation and activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone from Adobe here willing to address or comment on this?  Preferably I'd rather have a workaround to get the installer to run correctly without throwing up errors, and without manual copies into /plugins which may or may not result in a reliable install.  If there's no fix to get around this, I hope at least the installer can be simplifed a bit in future versions so it's not so fragile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines