• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does FB for PHP no longer generate sample php class?

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before on Flash 4 and 4.5

http://www.adobe.com/content/dotcom/en/devnet/flash-builder/articles/flashbuilder_datapaging_php/_jcr_content/articlecontentAdobe/image_2.adimg.mw.536.jpg/1302490448614.jpg

Now on FB4.5 for PHP...

Snap171.jpg

Does this mean we have 'do the arithmertic' to write the classes instead of just expanding off the generated code?

TOPICS
PHP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

This threw me off too.  But the functionality you describe is still there.

- in the application menu, go to 'Data' -  'Connect to PHP (Runtime)'

- in the popup dialog, there will be a link for 'click here to generate a sample'.

Note: when you go to 'Data' in the applicaiton menu, there are two options for PHP - 'Connect to PHP' or 'Connect to PHP (Runtime)', you want the former.  If creating a new service in the 'Data/Services' tab, it only gives you the option for 'Connect to PHP', i.e., configuri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's even simpler now, just right click on the PHP class and select "Connect to Data/Service". The wizard will be ready with all parameters.

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow thanks for quick response,....

"right click on the PHP class" ???

Where in the order of operations? On what icon?

Color me dumb on this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but I am going to use this article in my answer which describes the full workflow http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash-builder/articles/introducing-flashbuilder45-php.html

after you create a project and write your service as a PHP class, you should right click in the Explorer on the PHP class and select "Create PHP Service for Flex".

This is the relevant part in the article:

1. Right-click the file with the class that you want to introspect and select Create PHP Service for Flex (see Figure 3).

Figure 3. Selecting Create PHP Service For Flex to introspect a PHP class.

Roy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to look into that article... going out for a bit in  few, but you are indicating, if I read this correctly, ("after you create a project and write your service as a PHP class,") - that the class MUST BE WRITTEN first. If I have an empty class that workflow generates something like this...

class food_class2

{

function __construct ()

{}

function __destruct ()

{}

}

?>

and seems to mimic only the process I have used before in 4.5 for PHP. Previously and in FB 4.5 (NOT FOR PHP) you are/were prompted for MYSQL host, connections etc and then the entire 'arithmetic' structure was created so you could fly. Now, it STILL seems as if all this has to be written?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This threw me off too.  But the functionality you describe is still there.

- in the application menu, go to 'Data' -  'Connect to PHP (Runtime)'

- in the popup dialog, there will be a link for 'click here to generate a sample'.

Note: when you go to 'Data' in the applicaiton menu, there are two options for PHP - 'Connect to PHP' or 'Connect to PHP (Runtime)', you want the former.  If creating a new service in the 'Data/Services' tab, it only gives you the option for 'Connect to PHP', i.e., configuring a Zend Studio PHP Service.

Best,

J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jay-ruh-mee! This help me a lot too. Can you explain why this more? seems to be more easy to auto generate the php class in runtime instead of PHP with Zend Studio. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2011 Aug 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Man, this was driving me crazy! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines