Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help- ADE Won't Open New Library Books

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with my ADE.  I use it for my Overdrive Digital Library Books.  ADE will open and display previously downloaded digital books (that have not yet expired) but when I download, save and try to open new digital library books, ADE opens up but the does nothing- will not open or display new book, and gives me no visible error messages.

The only change I made recently was to right click and go into settings for Adobe Flash Player, and I increased the "local store size" to "unlimited" (on advice from another thread I read where people were having issues opening larger documents in ADE.

I have already tried deleing the "restore" sub-folder in the "My Digital Editions" folder, and then closing ADE, then re-downloading, and saving then trying to open the new book again (on advice I found in another thread); however I still am having the same problem- ADE opens, but does not display the new book and I can only open and read previously downloaded books.

I am a Windows XP Professional user with all Micorosoft updates and service packs up to date.

If someone would please respond with what I should try next I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Brian,

That's wierd that deleting the "restore" folder didn't work. It worked fine for me. The library help page does mention that JavaScript must be enabled for downloading to work. (And you need a relatively current version of Adobe Flash.)

Other than that there is not much I can suggest. Sorry.

good luck.

-steve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines