• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to force RH9 to use only one master stylesheet for all Word imports?

Jul 03, 2011 Jul 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set a stylesheet (css) as the default for my RH9 WebHelp project in project settings. When I import Word documents into the project, the edit import setting dialog does not show this stylesheet in the list of available stylesheets for the import.

What is happening instead is a proliferation of unwanted stylesheets derived from all the imported documents. I then have to manually re-set all the new topics to the master stylesheet.

How can I stop this, and force RH9 to use only the one master stylesheet for all imports?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you set a CSS to be the default?

As explained in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/866547 RoboHelp creates a CSS on importing a document. After import you can change the topics to any CSS you want as long as you ensure the new CSS has all the required styles.

If you then no longer require the CSS that was created for the import, use Windows Explorer to delete it.

Create a test project to test the theory if you have concerns about damaging your live project.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

That’s what I thought I was doing in the Project Settings>Import tab>CSS for Style Mapping selection. Maybe that isn’t what it’s meant to do. It’s just getting annoying having all these unneeded files popping up in the project manager so that I have trouble distinguishing the “real” topics from the extra stuff.

Michael West | Business Improvement | Aurecon

Ph: +61 3 8683 1996 | Fax: +61 3 8683 1444 | Mob: 0407 485 228

Email: WestM@ap.aurecongroup.com

PO Box 321, South Melbourne | VIC 3205 | Australia

http://www.aurecongroup.com

http://www.aurecongroup.com/apac/groupentity/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2011 Jul 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure exactly how that CSS is involved in the process, I think it uses those styles for what it creates in document.css.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp