Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get at the remoteURL of a document from within an Orchestration

Level 5

Greetings:

I have a process called via SOAP that generates a new PDF with data via Assembler.

I have a need to get the value of the remoteURL property of this document variable, so that I can place it in the XML result that is passed back to the caller.

I need to pass this URL back, and not the Document variable as an Output variable.

Is there any way to access this value from 'Inside' the process that created the document?

It does not come back as a Document Attribute.

Thanks

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I forgot to mention that you must invoke the real process through SOAP endpoint (using web services activity).

I have created a sample process for you. Let me know your email to share the sample LCA.

Nith

nith.mof@gmail.com

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

Spent a long time to research on this issue. There is no way to get the remoteURL from an idp Document instance.

However, this can be achieve with some little tweaks.

Let's say the process which geneates the document output as Process1

Create another process (say Process2) which invokes the Process1 internally.

Return only the remoteURL part of the response XML as output.

Let the users invoke Process2 and receive the remoteURL directly as output.

Pardon me if there is a better way of doing this.

Nith

Level 5

$Nith$:

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestion, but the result from the internal call is still a document object.

How do I return just the remoteURL part of the response to the calling process?

Thanks Again,

Mark

Correct answer by
Level 10

I forgot to mention that you must invoke the real process through SOAP endpoint (using web services activity).

I have created a sample process for you. Let me know your email to share the sample LCA.

Nith

nith.mof@gmail.com