Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

WebHelp Supported Browsers

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Can someone tell me what the supported browsers are for WebHelp? I have looked everywhere I cannot find the information on the Adobe website.

I am currently using Robohelp V7. Will upgrading to the latest version of RoboHelp extend and improve the browser support for WebHelp?

Also, can anyone supply me with other good reasons to support my upgrade request?

Thanks

M

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

9 adds support for Google Chrome to Firefox and IE. Safari is also supported on MACs.

As to other reasons it depends on whether the features in 8 and 9 are ones you would use. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site for information about what was added in those versions.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply Peter.

Can you tell me if the latest version of RH addresses the issue I have with Firefox, in that when you run a search and click a result, you are redirected to the associated   parent topic. After some movement around different topics (depending on the number of links associated with the topic), you eventually end up where you want to be.

Thanks

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that is anything to do with the RoboHelp version. Search should take you to the topic clicked on in the results. Can you describe this in more detail?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you run a search and then click on a result, the topics that are linked to the search result are displayed until it eventually it gets down to the topic that is referenced by the search item.

For example, if you do a search for 'Apple', (where the 'Apple' topic is linked to a higher level topic called 'Fruit' and an even higher level topic called 'Shopping') and you click on the 'Apple' search result, the 'Shopping' topic is displayed first in the left hand pane, followed by 'Fruit' and then 'Apple'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem that a search on Apple is ranking Shopping higher than a topic called Apple?

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe this bit of information helps.

The RoboHelp Development Team kindly posted this information on the forum explaining how the search is weighted. In order, it is based on the search word appearing in:

• The topic title (as in Topic Properties and not to be confused with the Topic Heading)

• The topic keywords (Increasing the frequency of a word as a keyword will not help as it will be considered only once.)

• The topic headings in descending order so the word appearing in H1 will take precedence over the word appearing in H2

• The body of the topic. Each occurrence of a word in topic is summed to calculate overall weighting of a word in a topic.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp