Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting problems in WebHelp

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am facing a weird problem. I am using RH8 to generate my Online Help. The WebHelp that is being generated seems to be fine when opened from my machine, which uses IE 6. However, there are Font issues whenever it is being used from a different machine that uses IE 7 or IE 8. It is significant to note that, when the WebHelp is being opened from a different machine using IE 6, there is no such issue.

So my question is:

Is this related to the browser version

Or,

Is it a system related issue.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a copy of your project and apply default.css to one of the topics. Do you still see similar differences?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestions, but on applying defalt.css my entire style is getting haywire, since the files are all mapped to a different style sheet.

The feedback that I got from one of my users is "class" is case-sensitive (at least in the browser that is being used, i.e IE7) so does that mean that if I do a search for "helprm_body" and replace it with "HelpRM_Body" will that correct the issue.

sample.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I expecteed the styles to look wrong but to be consistently wrong in the editor and the browswer.

Yes case can make a difference so try that first.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp