Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text is shown although CBT says not to show it

Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2011 Jul 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, once again!

I'm still using RoboHelp 9 (having upgraded from RoboHelp 7 at the beginning of the year) and it's giving me nothing but grief.

The newest shenanigan it plays on me: it displays text which is conditioned not to be shown:

In the topic html the text is conditioned as follows

<?rh-cbt_start condition="CONDITION_1" ?><li style="list-style: none;
                                                         display: inline;"><ul>
        <li class="p-bullet1"><p class="bullet1"><a href="texttextext.htm">TEXTTEXTTEXT</a></p></li>

When generating a chm or PDF, I click "Define" next to the Contional Buil Expressions Drop-down and tell it

NOT CONDITION_1

then generate.

But still the text is shown in the chm/PDF.

This was just an example, it happens with various conditions and it's a massive problem.
Does anybody have the same problem and/or a solution for me?

Thank you very much!

Lousia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<p><?rh-cbt_start condition="Online" ?>Tag Test<?rh-cbt_end ?></p>

Is the closing tag in your HTML?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

No, that seems part of the problem. The end tag keeps on being deleted. Even if I enter it manually into the html text.

But basically I didn't edit the HTML-Text but conditioned the text by highlighting it and then choosing the right condition from the list (months ago).

The problem is new. A far as I can track it down it must've happened some time between April 7th and April 20th.

Was there an update or something which messed with the conditions?

Some conditions work, some don't.

Can you help?

Thank you very much!

Louisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 9.0.1 update was released early May but you would have had to OK installation. I've not seen anyone else report this since then.

Right click in some text that has a condition applied and look for Remove Attribute or Remove Atttributes. If the former is what appears it will be the CBT so remove it, then reapply in way you originally did. If the latter click and a dialog will appear, just remove the CBT that way and then reapply it.

Any difference? If not, does a new project have the same problem?

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter!

Thanks for your answer.

I tried what you suggested and with some conditions it works with some it doesn't.

I can recognize the conditions which will not work because when applying them and hitting the save button I get a window asking whether I want to apply this change to the master topic.

I don't get this window with the other conditions which work, when I delete and reapply them.

I haven't tried a new project yet, I don't have a lot of time to put into searching for the problem and I definitely don't have the time to start this project from scratch (250 topics, about 200 CBTs).

Do you think my RoboHelp installation might be corrupted somehow?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ute

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There has been a problem with 8 and 9 giving a warning about master page changes for no apparent reason. Are you always saying Yes or No? Have you tried the opposite answer? I suggest you only do that in a copy of your project.

When you don't get this warning, is it because those pages are not linked to the master page?

The reason I suggested testing a new project was simply to see if you get the same problem. Without knowing that I cannot say whether it is the installation but I doubt it is. This is more likely to be a project problem. Creating a new project to test that CBTs work OK would take all of five to ten minutes.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp