• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to change language in Photoshop CS5 from Polish (or any else) to English? (Windows) [locked]

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2010 Jun 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Polish language version of Photoshop CS 5 and I'd like to change it to english.

I've tried by

Edit>Preferences>Interface: Interface language

but there is only Polish language to choose.

Is there english version to download anywhere?

I'll be glad for any help

[This question is from January 3, 2012 about CS5. The correct answer for CS5 is no, you have to buy a new version. This thread is now locked, and the answer has changed in newer versions.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User

You are stuck with Polish!

One installer = one language.

The only way to get English is to buy an English version (or exchange via Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are stuck with Polish!

One installer = one language.

The only way to get English is to buy an English version (or exchange via Adobe).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Polish language version of Photoshop CS 5 and I'd like to change it to english.

You can't! As John said, your language is tied to your serial. You should have bought an English version in the first place, if that's what you wanted.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2010 Jun 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can if you have CS4 enlish language pack...[???]..THis should work for 80% of your menu....This is just a temporary ....suggestion but u wanna might get a true copy of the eng version for full functionality.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2011 Feb 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes .........Wayne is the hero.....I gosh darn thought I would have to learn Polish..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2011 Feb 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I wouldn't know about that but I could sure use help getting from Danish to Englsin

on my legit PhotoShop CS5.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see the hole message! I'm used to English Photoshop, but when I installed it on my new mac, I installed it in Norwegian. Please help! It's so confusing to use it in my own language..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to replace language into ENGLISH, by using this format

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS5\Locales\es_MX\Support Files 

I replaced  "tw10428.dat" into "tw10428.bak"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this hint. It works on Mac OS as well. Just open package content of Photoshop execution file, search for tw10428.dat (finder search box) and rename it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2015 Aug 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

seriously, you are genius!

thank you so much 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2016 Jun 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liit64!. Best tip for avoid uninstall Local Languaje Version and reinstall from Adobe Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it's even works on Mac too.  when i install the photoshop CS5 i only had option to Spanish and some other languages but no English. so i had to use Spanish for installation then after the installation go back and rename the file  tw10428.dat to tw10428.bak

then restart the photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2018 Oct 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks this works very good!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2011 Mar 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how does one do this on a mac? I found a file directory to look through ( Contents/Resources/AMTLanguages) and then changing the file in there; however, some of the programs don't have the AMTLanguages file....what should I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Wayne, could you email me the way to change the language to english at CS5...

Thanks...

cashlam...

[email removed by forum host]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  Visit the Adobe store online.

2.  Pay for a license.

3.  If you have problems with a legitimate license, call Adobe support.

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2011 Apr 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an interesting note. Bridge does allow the change of the interface language without paying for an extra license for that language.

Microsoft Office 2010 allows users to purchase language packs ($30 for each language).

Changing languages does have legit uses.

For licensed users,it'd be nice* if Adobe might make it a free or pay option without requiring another full price license.

Also posted to Feature Requests before anyone asks.

Gene

*Of course making note that what I consider nice and what Adobe considers nice might differ slightly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2011 Jun 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

liit64 's answer worked fine for me on CS5.1, thank you very much.

And for those arguing to go and buy a legal licence : I got a legal one, a French one to be precise, the company bought it, I did not chose the language.

But there are much more tuts on the web in english than in French, and it's just a pain in the *** to try to figure out which blending mode "multiply" is in French and so on. So in a way, it would make perfectly sens to be able to change language, and it would be great if Adobe would at least provide a choice between default english language OR the language associated with the key you bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2011 Jul 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

totally agree with saikosama.

I am a legitimate CS5 user with an ITA localized version; I need ITA menus in classes with my students but personally I prefer the ENG version as I am used with almost all the other software I have; also, if I need to produce a tutorial ENG is the way to go for a larger userbase.

Keeping this language choice locked is a drawback for legitimate users over warez ones as it costs 0 to download 2 or more cracked versions... at least international ENG and the localized language of choice should be included in the standard license.

just my 2c of course...

cheers,

Alessandro

P.S.: liit64' trick works with CS5 here too BTW...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I speak Polish...... (really, though).

C'mon people just be honest and pay for the software. Dziękuję wam ślicznie!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dear agentpuddles007... are you kiddin' right?

not only I have paid for the software but they sent me 2 boxes by mistake and I returned the second one after letting them know of the issue...

so I think I am honest enough to express my thoughts here

nothing personal BTW, I see why a warez user would need to do this but honestly I think it'd be easier and quicker to download another illegal version than asking for help in an official forum...

they both were ITA version BTW... LOL!

cheers,

Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry meant to post that to the general post, not as a direct reply to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fair enough folks... I just thought Adobe peeps were looking at these boards. I will write them directly but I fear this won't be on the top of their list anyway... in the meantime I hope they won't hate too much a loyal customer who uses that trick on (rare) occasion

on a side note: as a self employed who has to fight everyday with competitors asking half price because they use pirated software... I'm with you all on that! I just think half of the match should be making life harder for pirates but the rest should be making it easier for loyal customers

bye,

Alessandro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those of you who are legitimate Photoshop users - you know we're not talking to you.  If you are a legitimate user, you should well be supporting those of us speaking to the people who have illegally downloaded a cracked version in a language other than their own!

It may well be a desirable feature for Adobe to support your changing the language.  But they simply don't

Possibly this is because pirated versions being limited to a single language cuts down the number of people who would want to download them.  Maybe they sell more legitimate copies due to this than they would to multilingual people who would appreciate the ability to legitimately change language at will. 

Or maybe there are good technical reasons why a different build is needed for Polish than English.  There are differences in files, beyond the language resources, even between en-US and en-GB versions.

Clearly Adobe has made this decision with their eyes open.  Go ahead and ask for a different decision, but it's unlikely it's going to get you anywhere.  And for God's sake stop being put off by people who aren't tolerant of software pirates!  The world needs more such people!

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines