Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 7 Help

Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently had Version 7 installed. We opened a version 5 project in Version 7 and generated the project. Several punctuation marks have not converted (i.e., instead of a "-" it states "endash", instead of "..." it states "If&idot"). Any idea of why certain punctuation isn't showing aftering generating the project?

Also, we are unable to open the same project back in Version 5. Is there a way to reopen the project in version 5 after opening it in version 7?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2008 Nov 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem you describe is covered in Using RH7 on my site. You need to apply two updates but you also need your project in X5 format to upgrade it again. You can fix the problem without but it is a lot more work.

When you upgrade there is a warning that you will not be able to go back to the earlier version.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Peter. We have version 7.00.145, but we couldn't find a build (i.e., in version X5 we needed build 801). I checked your web site. Do we need to have version 7.0.1 and 7.0.2 installed? Is there a build for version 7? We understand that we cannot go back to version 5 and that we have to recreate the project in 5 to bring back into 7 once we have installed the two updates. Please advise, if you can, which updates we need. If you need further info, let me know. Thanks so much! (Our IT dept knows very little about RoboHelp and its installation - I rely heavily on this forum which provides so much information!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2008 Nov 25, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
You need the two patches. Go to Help | Updates and RH should apply 7.0.1. Repeat that for 7.0.2. (RH may take you through both in the same session).

Just look for these version numbers rather than any build numbers.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp