Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export video in .avi format from a Macintosh system from Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have Premiere Pro CS5 installed in a Macintosh system but I would like to export a video into .avi format, is there any plug-in, driver or software that I can install inorder to export video in .avi format.

Looking forward to receive any reply in the soonest.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Evangeline Wong

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of AVI do you need? Do you have specific delivery requirements?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I need the video in .avi uncompressed format with a specific frame size of 1024(w) X 576(h).

How can I export the above requirement from Premiere in Mac system? Please advise.

Regards,

Evangeline Wong

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evangeline,

If you're on a Mac, this will be sort of a two-step process, as Premiere Pro on the Mac doesn't have AVI export ability. However, you can do this fairly painlessly:

First, export from your Premiere Pro sequence an uncompressed QuickTime MOV (Codec: None) using the dimensions and parameters you require for your final export.

Next, unless you already have QuickTime Pro on your Mac, download MPEG Streamclip for Mac which is a free application. You'll need the standard QuickTime Player installed in that case.

If you're using QT Pro, open the MOV you created earlier, and go to File > Export; in the dialog that appears, select "Movie to AVI" in the Export dropdown, and then click Options. Click the Video Settings button, and set Compression type to "None;" set Frames per Second to your source file's frame rate, and set Depth to "Millions of Colors." OK out of that dialog and then set your Audio Settings to match the original files; you probably want Uncompressed 48kHz, 16-bit, Stereo. Finally, name your file and pick a location and hit Save. The file will be large!

If you're using MPEG Streamclip, open your MOV and go to File > Export to Other Formats. Change Compression to AVI, and click the Options button; this is the same dialog as above, so use those settings here too. The rest of your settings should be OK, so just hit OK and pick your save location.

If you have any questions, or get tied up, please post back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2017 Dec 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the off chance (since 2011!) that you are still around here to answer etc

Premiere still doesn't allow for uncompressed AVI export, I tried the method you mention here but sadly with the streamclip there is no longer the option for AVI to be uncompressed.

Just wondering if you know of a newer way, or if there is now, finally, a way to get premiere on mac to do it directly,

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2018 Jan 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure why AVI isn't an option on Mac Premiere, but I use the free VLC Player to convert my vids to AVI.

1. Save out from Premiere.
  2. Open VLC Player
  3. Go to File - Convert Stream
  4. Drag your video there
  5. Click Customize, choose AVI
  6. Save as File

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would like to export a video into .avi format

Atta girl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines