• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat X Pro: Really slow opening files

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2011 Jun 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last upgrade (I got it last week a couple of days after I installed the program), it takes forever sometimes to open the simplest files. Up to 10 seconds to open a one-page file. More if the file is larger. This is really annoying, as I am opening files all the time. It doesn't help if I close the program after each file is printed, or leave it open and just closing the file. Anybody else experiencing this who knows what's happening?

Version 10.1.0.534

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Oct 05, 2011 Oct 05, 2011

All my problems disappeared after the last update (10.1.1). All files open quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2011 Jun 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I really the only one with this problem???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2011 Jun 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here as well, PDF files open in browser takes between 30 seconds to 2 minutes depends on the browser.

Internet Explorer 9 is dramatically slow while opening the same in Chrome is faster, but yet really slow.

Adobe guys, please help ASAP!

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am NOT opening in browser, but in acrobat x.

I agree, ADOBE people, please help. I am getting grey-haired by this as I am opening hundreds of files a day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue started immidiately after installing the last update: 10.1.0.534

I'm working with Windows 7 Ultimate SP1

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, right after the last update. I installed the program last Monday, but got the update on Thursday or so. Up until then it worked perfectly. Windows 7 Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2011 Jun 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have 200 employees, the majority of which need to open and print hundreds of pdf documents a day.  They are all experiencing this severe slowness issue.  At first I thought it was a network or server issue, then an antivirus issue, but I have eliminated those as possibilities which led me to this forum via a google search for acrobat issues.

This is a very severe issue!  It has cut our employees' productivity in half and costing us $thousands per day!  Adobe need to address this immediately!

I will attempt the solution proposed on other forums of rolling back to version 9, but that will take considerable time to do on 200 workstations and laptops.  This update should have been much more thoroughly tested!

-RG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2011 Jun 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand it right, as soon as you upgrade your license(s) from 9 to 10, your 9 licence(s) are no longer valid. Isn't this correct? So as I see it, we are all stuck with version 10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lenahanson wrote:

If I understand it right, as soon as you upgrade your license(s) from 9 to 10, your 9 licence(s) are no longer valid. Isn't this correct? So as I see it, we are all stuck with version 10...

No. That is not correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most certainly NOT . It is most rude for adobe to come up with this and suggest people upgrade or use it when it made it MUCH WORSE and way to slow if it works at all. I wish there was a way to uninstall it and go back to a previous version but guess not. If anyone has discovered a way to uninstall the latest upgrade and go back to previous version PLEASE  POST.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue has occurred to me as well. I feel this is eminent at the opening of PDFs with Acrobat JavaScript.

I am wondering this happens in Adobe Reader 10.1 as well.

I also want Adobe to address this issue as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The slow performance when opening PDF files is a new issue since the last build of Reader X.

The previous build had no problems.

Doron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader and Pro both? I wonder where they got it wrong... Nobody at Adobe seems to be willing to answer this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They do seem to be willing to collect our money though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The below is an example which takes more than 30 seconds for executing a simple Acrobat JavaScript: app.launchURL:

http://www.openspc2.org/reibun/Acrobat8/javascript/app/028/sample/sample.pdf

(I am using Firefox 5.0)

In the case of other versions of Acrobat, by clicking the button, in a second or two seconds, I see Yahoo! Japan.

But in the case of Acrobat X(10.1  My computer is Vista Ultimate SP2), it takes more than 30 seconds until I see Yahoo! Japan.

Loading PDFs takes more time in Acrobat Pro 10.1 but at the same time executing Acrobat JavaScripts seems to be really problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with X pro for me...very slow when opening documents..

Any update for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that this is also an issue for me — ever since the recent update.

Not only is there this weird slowness, Acrobat X periodically crashes whereas it was previously stable.

Surely Adobe already knows about this stuff from the Improvement Program data it collects? What is being done about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2011 Jun 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also experience that Acrobat X is really slow after the latest upgrade. I now have 10.1.0. Only remedy is to drag files to the program window instead of double-clicking. What is Adobe doing about this?? Also annoying with endless updates to fix safety issues in Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2011 Jun 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have any updates on this?

I just installed Adobe reader x and if I click on a link to a PDF on a site I can take the kids to school pick them up, do their homework then go out for a meal before a one page PDF opens.

Strangely I can right click and save it in an instant.

As an aside can I uninstall it and go back to 9 until this is fixed (I'm losing the will to live)

Thanks McP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this in Reader: Go to Edit / preferences / general - then uncheck  the box "Enable protected mode at startup" . My Reader X was doing the  same thing and this cured it straight away. I haven't tried it in Pro but see no reason why it wouldn't work there too. I'm not sure where that would be located in Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend against disabling Protected Mode as this is:

·         One of the new features of Acrobat

·         Protects your machine from embedded malware.

What I’d like to see is acknowledgement from Adobe that it is investigating this problem.

Further, if there’s something broken, could it also mean that Protected Mode is also broken?

I think we need a security researcher to have a look at what’s going on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this in Reader: Go to Edit / preferences / general - then uncheck  the box "Enable protected mode at startup" .

Tried it, (yes I know I shouldn't but I made the pdf) this made no difference.

It's all right companies adding features, but when they stop the main program working...

Can anyone tell me an answer to my original query, can I kill this piece of junk (as no one from Adobe has an answer, yet!) and re install v9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added "Priviledged locations" on my computer and the local network,which will be exempt from enhanced security. This seems to work. But I think there should be a default setting that only applies enhanced security to files that are opened from other places than the local network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently did the update to both AcroX and Reader. The first PDF file opens up quickly. Any second file takes a considerable amount of time--too much time. Mainly this  happen when I am trying to open up files over my companys network (a small business server). I find that local files on my computer do not appear to be affected by this. If the file is opened up over the network, any additional files can be simply dragged into the opened acrobat program and they open without problems. However, that is not a solution. Where is the "Priviledged locations" at?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit/Preferences/Seurity(enhanced)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines