Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Merged TOC not opening in FireFox 4

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2011 Jul 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a merged project (two child projects merged using a parent complete with parent TOC, index, and search). When I try to open the project in Firefox 4, the TOC content is missing.

The navigation pane and frames are all visible and the index and search both work as expected.

When I open each child project individually in Firefox, the TOC content displays as expected. It seems that it is only with the merged project/toc that this problem is occuring.

When I open the project in IE all works as expected.

Does anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening?

Thank you,

Tannis

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a similar issue. We have a merged help project. When I open it locally in Firefox, the TOC loads fine. When I open it from a server, the left pane is initially blank. The TOC eventually loads, but it takes approximately 3 minutes. All of our customers will be accessing the product and help from a server, and a 3 minute load time will not be acceptable.

I'm using RH 8 with the latest patches, and I'm on Windows 7.

Sorry I have no answers, but I'd love to hear work-arounds that anyone else has found. (Or if this is a known issue without a work-around, that would be valueable to know, too.)

Thanks!

Melanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2011 Sep 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Melanie

This would seem to suggest you are using the setting "Local PC or Intranet" in your SSL recipe. If so, try changing it to the other setting of Web Site and generate again.

tmp1.PNG

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing that setting, but it didn't have any effect. (Actually, it might be slightly slower now, but I can't be absolutely sure because I tested on different machines.) Either way, the times are still a stop-ship issue for us.

Ironically, I posted last year about the TOC not opening in FireFox at all (http://forums.adobe.com/message/2653359#2653359). That turned out to be a tweak that I needed to make to Peter's redirect for merged help. But this seems to be a different problem, since 1) I already made that tweak and 2) the TOC eventually shows up, just not within an acceptable time.

Thanks for any help.

-Melanie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2011 Sep 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming you mean the change to the redirect, I continue to use that as do many others.

Why not publish a single project to the same server? If that also runs slow it rather points to the server, otherwise it begins to look like the merge and the next step will be to try some other ideas. I think the first one I would try is to publish to a new folder on the server so that it is a clean output.

Are you publishing all the project in the merge or just those you have updated?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp