20 Replies Latest reply: Feb 7, 2012 6:37 AM by GiaKzter RSS

Error opening files that contain 'CR'...

GiaKzter Community Member

Okay, so this is the weirdest thing.

I can't open any files that have 'CR' in either the file name, or the file path. It is only with 'CR' (yes, capital only). It does not matter whether it's at the beggining, middle, or end of the file name or file path. The file can be on the desktop, or be inside a folder that contains CR on it, it does not matter.

The error I receive when I try to open these files is "Before proceeding you must first launch Adobe Acrobat and accept the End User License Agreement." and I only get an 'OK' option. If I open Adobe Reader I never get prompted to accept the EULA. I checked my registry, the EULA is on (accepted). Please help, this is ridiculous!

Many of the files I download for work have the letters 'CR' on it... It's a pain to have to rename each and every one of them. Please HELP!!!!!!!!

By the way, I am running Adobe Reader X 10.1 and this happens to EVERYONE in my office... Does it happen to any of you?! Just try to rename a file to CR and see what happens. Thank you in advance for your help!