• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cftextarea not working in IE 9

Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2011 Mar 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cftextarea richtext does not appear to be functioning in the lastest RC of IE 9.

This code:

<cftextarea name="message" bindonload="no" height="450" width="650" toolbaronfocus="no" richtext="yes" toolbar="default" fontsizes="1em" skin="silver"> </cftextarea>

Works fine in FF and Chrome as well as IE8 - but not in IE 9. Is this an issue with FCKEditor or just IE (as usual?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2011 May 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to convert CF8 or CF9 to use the new CKeditor 3.x (that works in IE9, or any other RTE)  instead of the FCKeditor that it ships with? essentially IE9 has broken all sites that use <cftextarea richtext="true"...

Of course since it doesn't appear that Adobe has used the FCKeditor that ships with CF8 and 9 for this blog's rich text editor, it won't be a problem on this forum.

But all of us who do use their product will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 07, 2011 Jun 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, and it will likely poke its head a few more times as more of my clients install MSIE9, god bless 'em.

Any movement on a new version of FCK being included in any upcoming patch, etc.?

And wasn't there some way that you could point to a different spot for FCK? This would be particularly of interest for folks who have sites on remote hosts.

Thanks,

James Edmunds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to bump this post to see if there had been any solutions found.  What have you tried that did not work (so I don't have to painfully do the same steps that won't work)?

Has Adobe responded to or addressed this topic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I switched to tiny MCE:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

HTH,

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied on the forum as well - I switched to Tiny MCE, bailed cftextarea:

http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

HTH,

James

=-=-=-=-=

James Edmunds

317 Allen St.

New Iberia, LA 70563 USA

http://jamesedmunds.com/poorclio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey -

I haven't heard anything more about this problem. We've told our users to stop

using IE and start using Firefox. Luckily, we do a lot of internal applications

so we can do this. Let me know if you figure anything out!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my best advice is don't try to use IE9. because found a lot of bugs in IE9 including jQuery issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have found that if I put the cftexarea RICHTEXT="yes" form on a page by itself, specifically without the <head> tag in it, it will work.  Inconvenient, but cftextarea is more user-friendly for my users than tinymce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation