• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multilevel List Style and Numbering

New Here ,
May 11, 2009 May 11, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have searched the forum without success regarding a RH8 problem. Can someone help? My problem may be user error, but I suspect it is a bug based on the few posts I found regarding multilevel list numbering.

I created a multilevel list style. I configured the alignment of the text lines as desired. I used the style. All was working well. Then for no apparent reason, the alignment of the lines changed. The second line of text in a numbered line does not align correctly, as shown in the file attached to this post. I can resolve the problem but only temporarily by reinstalling RH8.

Alas, I was excited about the new multilevel list functionality, but I have found it to be very unstable.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2009 Jun 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this issue as a bug with Adobe. I recieved assistance, and the problem is resolved. My thanks to Adobe. A new .dll was provided to correct the problem, but I can't post it here as .dll files are not allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe indicated that they will make this .dll file available for download for the rest of us? (Seems like the right thing to do.)

I had created a post on this issue, and filed a bug report, several months ago. The silence has been deafening.

Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2009 Jun 10, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The person who helped me gave no indication that the file would be posted or that other action would be taken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal,

I am having the exact same problem with RH9.

Could you give me the name of the .dll so that I can ask Adobe for it?

Thanks, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That will be part of RoboHelp 9 so something else must be wrong.

Have you applied the 9.0.1 update?

If you have, see the Lists pages on my site and set up a new style as set out there and see if you still have problems.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DebWriter,

I saw Peter's post in which he indicated that the revised dll should be in RH9. Given there is a possibility the revised dll didn't make it into RH9, I am providing the file name: BaseStructure.dll. I received the file on 6-5-2009. Sorry, I don't have any other information, like a case number, that you could share with Adobe to aid in their search, if a search becomes necessary.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file was modified in the 901 update so there is no later version.

Another thing to try is what result you get in the supplied sample projects and a new project using your CSS.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 9.01.

This indent problem that I am having only is apparent in the chm file or when viewing the topic using View Selected Item. The indent problem is not apparent when viewing the topic in the Design pane or when publishing the file via RH WebHelp.

I just made a very simple multilevel style named TEST. I altered only level 1. No paragraph style or any other additional formatting was applied. I just used the buttons in this dialog to move the text into alignment. All I want to do is have all hanging lines to line up to begin at the same place that the first line starts...just like it looks below...in both chm and webhelp.

indentprob1.jpg

Here's what I when I apply the style to a topic, this is how it appears in the chm file:

indentprob2.jpg

Here's the HTML code from the HTML tab of the topic:

indentprob3.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deb,

Do you have a drop-down hotspot and text or expanding hotspot and text above the numbered items? If yes, trying removing the hotspot or moving the numbered items above the hotspot.

I don't remember all the details because it has been a while. I have add problems with misalignment when the numbered items were preceded by a drop-down hotspot and the hotspot contained an image. The misalignment applied to the first level in my case. I don't recall the second and succeeding levels being affected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal, my indent problem is consistent, no matter if there's a hotspot or not.

The problem also occurs at every level of the multilevel list.

I'm beginning to think it might be a RH bug because it only happens in the chm file, not when I publish the same files. Or maybe some master style sheet somewhere is taking precedence to the one that is assigned to the topics.

Unfortunately, I'm really novice when it comes to style sheets and html...that's why I made such a simple experiment to see what would happen...I don't even want to explain anything complicated.

Even though my indent problem looks exactly the same as your example, from what you just explained it does not act the same as yours.

Mine was also working fine in RH8, and then started to act up when I upgraded to RH9.

Thanks for your input, I do really appreciate any help....I'm in the last 2 weeks before a software release, so this is the last thing that I need right now!

-Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Deb

What happens if you remove the Text indent 30px? Does that change anything?

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick I tried to delete the text indents in the HTML tab, but when I save, RH is

just putting them back in. Is there another way to do it? -Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh, this is one of those funky Multi-Level lists, isn't it?

If so, I can think of a couple of options.

1. Open the CSS using something like Windows Notepad and see if you can locate the offending section. (My guess is that it's one of those 30 px indents). Close and save the CSS then test.

2. Use RoboHelp's odd little Multi-List style editor and see if you can tweak it that way.

Personally, I'd opt for number 1 first. Then if that failed, I'd try number 2.

On a personal note, even though I've developed some of the Multi-List styles, the way those work are all funked up and just weird.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, I tried your suggestion and it now looks like this in both chm and design pane:

indentprob4.jpg

But this is the indent look I'm aiming for:

indentprob5.jpg

Well, at least I know that I'm not the only one dealing with the funked up and wierd!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again

If you want to email me the CSS you are using, I'll be happy to see if I can sort it for you.

rstone75 (at) kc (dot) rr (dot) com

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to Rick, my problem is solved!

Rick looked at my style sheet and used it to make a small chm file and it displayed perfectly. He told me that he suspected either the browser settings or perhaps the display settings.

After comparing all IE settings to no avail, I turned to the Display Settings for Windows 7.

In Display Settings, I had the text setting set on medium (125%), so I changed it back to the default, which is smaller 100%), logged off and then back on and BINGO!!

That was it!

I thought I had a problem with RoboHelp and it turned out to be the display setting for the OS! Urghhhhh!!!

Hope this helps other folks, who might be using the same setting and think that they're having a problem with their chm.....

Thanks again, Rick!

Best regards,

Deb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp