• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search for Spaces

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2008 Nov 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Word does so many things that I miss in RoboHelp, including checking for passive voice and extra spaces. Is there a way to get RoboHelp’s Find and Replace control to search for extra spaces?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of us use a third party find and replace tool for this sort of thing. FAR and BkReplacem are two of the best known.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could:

Single topic: Select all on an output htm page and copy/paste to Word.

Multiple topics: Create a new PrintDocLayout, select the topics you want to include, generate to a single document, and generate the Word doc.

Either method means you'd have to then manually edit your source topics from the found violations.

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 01, 2008 Dec 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which site works best for BKreplaceEM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, that link worked for BKreplaceEM 2.0, and it looks good, but I can't find out how to choose an entire Help file folder (with all of the HTM files) as a file set to search and replace...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
OK, on Group, I have to add files, on File/Folder Properties, on Source tab, select folder...

seems convoluted for what must be the first step for every user, but a nifty program nonetheless, thanks

can I see the code before I change it and then choose to make the replacement one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp