• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clueless NEWBIE DEVELOPER, NEEDS ASSIST with Insert Record Server Behavior

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experienced DW designer learning CFMX7. I cannot seem to get beyond this error message when using the Insert Record server behavior to write data from a form into the database. Using MS Access 2002, CFMX7's internal server, DW 6.0. Please note that I am learning development for the first time and am using tutorials. I was able to connect at one point but now I cannot.
See error message below:

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.
Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement.

Resources:
Enable Robust Exception Information to provide greater detail about the source of errors. In the Administrator, click Debugging & Logging > Debugging Settings, and select the Robust Exception Information option.
Check the ColdFusion documentation to verify that you are using the correct syntax.
Search the Knowledge Base to find a solution to your problem.

Browser Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Remote Address 127.0.0.1
Referrer http://localhost:8500/moosek/TMPu724j3nl2j.cfm
Date/Time 07-Aug-06 07:23 PM

Text Text
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2006 Aug 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps this is a reserved word problem, with the word password. I don't use access myself so I am not sure, but it's something that comes up on these forums a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2006 Aug 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would guess that the UserRoleID is an integer and should not have quotes around it.

BTW - you may want to post questions like this under the Getting Started Forum versus Advanced Techniques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2006 Aug 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MongoSlade,

I had this exact same problem with a CFMX 7 datasource that was set up as Microsoft Access with Unicode. It turns out that "Password" is a reserved word in the Unicode driver. Or somewhere. I got around it by putting square brackets, i.e., [ ] around the column name, like this:

update MyTable
set [Password] = '#form.Password#'
where UserID = '#form.UserID#'

That solved the problem nicely. I hope this solution will work for you as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to use <cfqueryparam ... /> just in case someone
has a password with escape characters.

ex.
password=she'sallthat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you all. It appears that the reserve word was indeed the problem. Used 'pword' instead. I will also ask these types of questions on the getting started board as suggested.
Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation