• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem when build cairngorm from source

Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I checked out cairngorm from SVN and try to build it using Maven 3.0.3. But I encounter these problems:

1, mvn complaints that "external" scope is not recognized. (see attachment 1)

cairngorm_1.png

2, maybe because item 1 above, the build cannot resolve dependencies and failed (see attachement 2)

cairngorm_2.png

3, in the libraries/pom.xml, the flex sdk version is still 4.1. How can I make it work with flexsdk 4.5.1?

Can you help me to figure out how to compile the cairngorm3 correctly?

Thanks!

York

TOPICS
Cairngorm

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

are you referncing trunk? Trunk is here just now:

http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/code/827/tree/cairngorm3/trunk/

You can use the web based SVN via the "Code" button in the top menu bar on SF or http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/code/

I see only Flex 4.5 in the top level pom in trunk.

The Popup library comes in different versions. Popup itself doesn't contain a reference to Parsley but there's also a PopupParlsey version. This is only really useful in the older Parsley version that are p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for item 3, current cairngorm won't compile with Flexsdk4.5.1. for example, IFlexModuleFactory adds a few methods in the new SDK, but the ParsleyFlexModuleFactory has not implemented those new methods yet.

for item 1 and 2, I guess it is the the flexmojos problem which may not support flexsdk 4.5

York

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI trunk already supports Flex 4.5.1 already but we've not done a Maven release on that yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked out the trunk source, in the pom.xml it still indicate flex sdk version 4.1.0. The root pom.xml itself was last updated on 5/4/2011.

Is there an instruction on how to build cairngorm for flexsdk 4.5?

I am also curious that why parsley provide its own "cairngormpopupsupport"? it cause a circular dependency: some cairngorm lib depend on parsley, and parsley also depend on cairngorm (popup).

Thanks!

York

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you referncing trunk? Trunk is here just now:

http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/code/827/tree/cairngorm3/trunk/

You can use the web based SVN via the "Code" button in the top menu bar on SF or http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/code/

I see only Flex 4.5 in the top level pom in trunk.

The Popup library comes in different versions. Popup itself doesn't contain a reference to Parsley but there's also a PopupParlsey version. This is only really useful in the older Parsley version that are provided via the wiki because in later Parsley versions, Parsley added the PopUp tag that makes this obsolute.

The Parsley distribution only references the non-Parsley Popup library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alex,

Thanks very much for your answer!

I have  been to the wrong palce:

http://sourceforge.net/adobe/cairngorm/wiki/GetSourceCode/

and the svn repository there is obsolete.

I check out the new trunk code and build sucessfully!

Regarding to the Popup lib, I understood the relationship. I just thought that if parsley can donate that one class CairngormPopupSupport.as into cairngorm3 PopupParsley module, and remove it from parsley swc, then I don't need to add the cairngorm3 popup swc in the projects where I need only parsley swc. In another word, only some of cairngorm modules depend on parsley, but parsley don't depend on external lib.

Thanks!

York

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines