Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CP 5.0 question re: more than one active click box per slide

Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAVEN'T HEARD BACK. RETESTED IN CAPTIVATE 5.0 (NOT 5.5), AND AM STILL HAVING THIS PROBLEM.

I BELIEVE THERE'S STILL A BUG WITH BRANCHING AND CLICK BOXES, UNLESS I'M DOING SOMETHING WRONG.

CAN I SEND SOMEONE A SAMPLE FILE SO THEY SEE WHAT I MEAN?

I'm using Captivate 3.0, and I'm creating a movie testing learner competence with various sections, one per task. For each task, learners need to click through everything correctly, or they branch back to a "Want to try again?" slide with Yes/No click buttons, both of which are active. The Yes button does a Continue, so learners can retry the task. The No button branches past all the tasks to the last slide, which consoles them and thanks them for their efforts. 🙂

I've got these click buttons set up to pause after 1.5 seconds but display for the rest of the slide. Thus both show up as Active for half the slide, then Inactive for the rest of the slide.

This works mostly, but when testing aggressively (for example, getting the same step wrong multiple times), it works the first time but only intermittently after that, often just proceeding on to the next slide instead of branching back to the "Want to try again?" slide. AND WHEN IT DOES BRANCH BACK TO THE YES/NO SLIDE, SOMETIMES THE YES BUTTON DOES NOTHING.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks very much for your help,

Rosie

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed one of the click boxes to Go to Next Slide instead of Continue, and that seemed to help. (The other slide branches to the last slide and has never been a problem.)

This works in CP 5.0 but not in CP 3.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about 5.0 (or 3.0 or 5.5 for that matter!) but on Cp4 buttons appear to be one shot only.

I've had situations where a button has a pause and success action to continue. So if the learner clicks before the pause point the button correctly continues ... up to the pause point. Where it sits idle, having exhausted its only click opportunity.

If that's the issue then we discussed this in a whole lot more detail on another thread that I can't find at the moment thanks to the ropey search.

edit: Found it:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/749043

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that might be the issue.

One thing I did try in CP 5 was to change the Continue button to a Go
to next slide. That fix worked in CP 5. Unfortunately it didn't work
in CP 3, and I'd rather use CP 3 because of the Action Script
incompatibility between CP 5+ and Articulate.

So...just a one-click opportunity? I'd love to see the more detailed
thread. Can anyone find it for me?

Rosie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for providing a link to the other discussion (which in turn linked to further discussions). I think that's indeed the issue.

I'm going to try shortening the Pause point to .5 or something like that (since I read that .1 might be a little too short).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the Pause point to 0.5 seconds (together with choosing "Go to next slide" seems to help a lot. If someone sneaks in before 0.5 seconds, well, too bad! Thanks for your help with this. Would like to indicate that your answer was the correct one. Don't see that button currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome Rosie

The thread shown as answered so that should be enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources