Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Power of Extendscript

Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new blog on the topic “Create a Book Packager using Extendscript” has been posted at http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2011/07/create-a-book-packager-using-extendscript.html

The blog demonstrates a script that creates a Book Packager that can be used to gather all the assets of a book or a document from differenet locations into a single target directory given by the user. The archive can be then be easily shared across as a self-contained book. The script is attached for your reference.

This describes how Extendscript can be used to create plug-ins and utilities that can ease repetitive workflows and do things with FrameMaker that you always wanted to do.

Regards,

Anchal Arora

Adobe FrameMaker Team

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ZIP file containing the script will not open: "Cannot open file; it

appears not to be a valid archive." I opened the file in a text editor

and saw that it is actually a RAR file. When I changed the file

extension, it opened fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike,

I guess it depends upon the extraction tool used. It opened just fine for me using 7-zip. However, you are correct that it is using RAR compression.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neither WinZip, Windows Explorer, or whatever unzip utility is built

into Directory Opus would open the file for me, until I changed the

extension. Then all three handle it without problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2011 Aug 03, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those of you still facing problems on using the attachment, please try with the new attachment Archive-new.zip. All the extractors should work with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines