Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

On document save in Flash Builder, the <fx:Script> tag gets selected

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2011 Jun 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Whenever I save an MXML document in FB 4.5 & 4.5.1, upon completion of writing the file the <fx:Script> tag gets selected (if I'm editing something inside the script block). So what happens is, I type some stuff, hit save, type some more stuff, and the last bit I typed ends up replacing my <fx:Script> tag.

Here's a video (you'll see me type a space, hit CMD-S, and that's all I do):

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me to with Flash Builder Premium 4.5.1. It is highly annoying and extremely counter-productive. For $700 software this is not acceptable. Adobe, get your act together.

EDIT: Disabling design mode seems to help (on the Window menu, de-select "Enable Design Mode")

Message was edited by: lukevanin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens to me too... But i avoid typing while the file is saving so it's not a big issue... it's still annoying cause I must scroll back to my method every time it happens (it happens 1/10 times)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thomas,

This is a known issue. Please vote for the bug https://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FB-30213 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just ran into this bug. This is Mac only and seems to go away after disabling design view by toggling Window -> Enable Design Mode.

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines