• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Warning Unknown Exception?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help! When I open AE I keep getting an error message that says "After Effects Warning: Unknow Exception". I have tried trashing the preferences, uninstall and reinstall. Any ideas? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to know a lot more if we're going to help you.

What version of After Effects? Have you installed the recent updates ( https://bitly.com/lsrkmJ )? What operating system? Has this ever worked before? What other software are you running? Do you have any third-party effects or codecs installed? Tell us about your computer hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently purchased the CS 5.5 production premium. I have done the most recent AE 5.1 update. I am running 09 Mac Pro, with Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I do not have any third party effects or codecs. This error has been popping up since the first time I opened AE 5.5.. Hopefully this will help.. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 15, 2011 Jul 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete the entire preferences folder and then restart After Effects.

The preferences folder can be found here:

<drive>/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the preference file did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should contact Adobe Technical Support:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2011 Nov 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same problem with my recently purchased Adobe Creative Suite Production Premium Education Edition.

When i launch After Effects, i get the "After Effects Warning: Unknow Exception" message, i click OK, and the program launches sucessfuly.

But that error is realy annoying for i dont know what is causing it and when will it disturb my workflow.

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same problem. Ther answer was to re install i did same problem There tech support is like talking to a wall.

I think the error Has to do with their darn Flexnet copy protection. Messed up by other apps using older versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get a solution for this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am struggling with the same problem I am creating a stopmotion with a live background and when i want to play preview it give met the unknown exception warning in after effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem, no solution from adobe..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. once I click effects&presets panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I have this problem it's usually a problem with a synced Google Drive file (even if that file appears to be working perfectly offline). Go to that file in Google Drive in your browser (not the local synced version), download it again and replace the file locally. This always solves the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines