• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A fantasy editor request: Condensing {}

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think for any set of matching {}, you should be able to click on them and condense them.

I think you should be able to type a label for it.

Why:

I like to write proceedural code, and the ability to give a nest of code a nickname would be nice.

What I'm doing now:

I'm writing Object Oriented Code in order to get a similar organization of code.    

Further explaination:

{

var i:int;

for(i=0;i<10;i++)

trace(i);

}

Then you condense it with a label to:

{"trace loop 10"}

You might not see how this organizes code with that example.  But when you're condensing 100+ lines of code, the organization would pile up really fast.  My code would look really clean.  Instead of using "search and replace" to find keywords of where my code was, I could simply look through all the labels and rapidly expand/shrink them.  I think search/replace should still find text inside these condensed {}, and there should be a button to "condense all"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2011 Jul 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I see there is something called code folding, but it only lets you fold methods.  I think you should be able to fold any matching brackets, and give it a name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines