• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I Import PowerPoint Then Edit The Text?

Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to import a PowerPoint file into Captivate 5 as starting point. Then edit the elements on the screen like text, text size, location of graphical elements, etc.

But when I import the PowerPoint file it comes in a flat image and I can not edit the individual elements.

I understand the Linked option on import allows me to make changes in PowerPoint that update in Captivate but I don't want that. I want Captivate to be my exclusive course development environment.

Can I import PowerPoint slides into Captive and be able to the elements in Captivate?

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately not.

If you want Captivate to be your exclusive course development environment you've just said that you want to begin and end with Captivate.  The PPT import option is for people that want to use PPT as their development tool while still leveraging Captivate for areas that PPT can't match (e.g. quiz questions, playbars, CC text, etc)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources