Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why won't Flash Player play any and all video in www.cbc.ca/

Jul 01, 2011 Jul 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been unable to view any of the video content on website www.cbc.ca for over a month now since Flash Player came out with

their last two updates. When turned to cbc.ca web site and using their "CBC Player" nothing appears no video or audio.The only

thing that I notice is the  bar that should show the progress of the video worls from right to left like barber pole sign.

This problem happens on all of my 3 machines 2 desktops(hard wired) and my netbook which is WiFi.

My two desktops run Win Xp SP3,and Win XP PRO SP3 (32bit) and the netbook runs Win XP SP3 also 32 bit.

This failure of Flash Player and the CBC Player occurs on all my 6 different browsers on all my machines.

So following all recommended troubleshooting procedures on Adobe's website,plus turning off adblock , clearing caches,

turning off firewall etc it still fails to work. All my browsers are up todate including FireFox 5.

Now here is the kicker. If I go to any other website be it a radio network or television  and player their videos (Flash Player)

it works no problems. So to me it seems to be a bug in either the latest Flash Player , and or "CBC Player" on cbc.ca/ .

Anyone experiencing this problem, or know a solution pls reply.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Just a small suggestion. Perhaps if all of us who are experiencing this problem contacted both Adobe staff AND CBC.ca technical staff - perhaps we can at least show both parties that we are very interested in seeing this matter resolved?

Just an idea.

Thanks šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no problems viewing videos on http://www.cbc.ca/ (using Flash Player 10.3.181.34 on Firefox 5.0).

What Flash Player version do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version installed 10,3,181,34 .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm, very difficult situation.  Flash Player works for you on all other sites, but not on that particular one.  On the other hand I can see things fine on that site.

I am on Windows 7, but I will later try on an XP system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2011 Jul 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem with video at cbs.com and through my cable company xfinitytv.com since upgrading to FF5.  I have also gone through all of the troubleshooting ideas that Firefox suggested to no avail.  It tells me that it is either being blocked by an adblocker in my browser or the episode is no longer available.  I cannot find an adblocker within Firefox and do not have a plug in.  I am running Windows Vista.  I agree that it must be some type of bug in FF5.  If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I am new to this forum and signed up just so I could include my own frustrations with this very same problem!

I am located in Canada and prefer to watch streaming video over regular TV.  For some reason, the CBC player stopped working for me when I upgraded my Flash Player. I do not recall which version of Adobe Flash I had installed when this problem started to occur but I know it wasn't the most current version (10,3,181,34) that I have now. But it definitely seemed to follow the Flash update.

I have Flash version 10,3,181,34 now. I have updated to Firefox 5. Active X, javascript, etc is all enabled. I have walked through all of Adobe's troubleshooting steps. I have tried disabling my anti-virus. I tried re-installing all of my browsers, plug-ins etc. yet the problem still persists. And I am in the exact same boat as the poster in that I can still watch Flash player streaming content from all other websites but not from CBC.ca!

So I was happy to see someone made a post about it because it is incredibly frustrating and CBC.ca doesn't respond to inquiries/troubleshooting complaints directly.

I'm pretty technologically adapt as I am a system administrator and lon-time IT professional. Should I ever get this problem resolved, I will be sure to post here, otherwise I will pop back now and again and see if anyone else has come up with a solution.

Cheers and thanks again to the poster for posting this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2011 Jul 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a small suggestion. Perhaps if all of us who are experiencing this problem contacted both Adobe staff AND CBC.ca technical staff - perhaps we can at least show both parties that we are very interested in seeing this matter resolved?

Just an idea.

Thanks šŸ™‚

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 04, 2011 Aug 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that the problem has not been resolved.  It affects both Firefox 5 and Internet Explorer 9.  So I think the problem may be with CBC.  But FIFA website also has the problem, if that serves as a clue.

Anyway, I have contacted Firefox, Windows, and CBC help and everyone is strangely silent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2011 Aug 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem seems solved  it seems it was my "host" file that was causing the problem  > "ad.doubleclick.net" and other varients of.

Until I can edit out the offending lines, I have renamed the "host"file untill all bad lines are purged.

Thanks goes to  >>   ste46co  <<

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what happened, I have done nothing else since I began having problems over a month ago, but flash player has started working again on cbs.com and infinitytv.com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2011 Aug 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have it working now.  I have to disable my banner blocker in Kaspersky Internet Security each time I want to watch CBC.  The ads that come up prior to each clip cauase the whole thing to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all to those who have so far replied to my original post, and especially to the one person

who seems to be having the exact same problem.

I'd like to add to my original post that I have since found out, that the mentioned  problem is only restricted

to video and not to any audio. All audio content on cbc.ca web site works ok within the "cbc player"

and the flash plugin.

Oh and lastly I like to say that as far as I'm concerned contrary to what it says at the top line above my

original post there has been NO  solution found to date. zip O   none . LOL

So I'm hoping that others will post with a solution  as others find their way to my post.

Question: what is a conclusion ?

Answer : " A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>NO ITS NOT<

I just finished adding an update to my original post and when I go back to the beginning

of the post , its states "The Question is anawered "  excuse my english  Hell it is.

What gives more Bugs must be the weather LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were answers posted to my original post , but NO solutions to the problem.

Therefore why does it say it was answered?

Its apparent that I'm not alone as others seem to have the same Problem. One day every thing works fine,

alone comes an update from Adobe stating its to fix security issues and your machines fail to function

with the new flash Player.

Remember :      There are 3 types of people in the world we all live in....

Ones that watch things happen,

Those that make things happen, and

Ones that wonder what the Hell happened !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BlueBell049 wrote:

There were answers posted to my original post , but NO solutions to the problem.

Therefore why does it say it was answered?

You marked the reply from plinker_son as the correct answer; so the topic is resolved.

Did anybody actually contact that site, and did you get a reply?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2011 Aug 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A previous poster mentioned that it was a problem with the ad.doubleclick entry in his hosts file.  My resolution of this issue supports this.

I use an application called HostsMan (Hosts Management) and use it to load up my Windows hosts file to block about 160,000 garbage sites.  Howver, this blocks the adds that run before the video.

I open HostsMan and disable the hosts file, let the ads run, then enable the hosts file when the program video starts.

I haven't tried waiting out the add with the hosts file enabled to see if the program runs anyway, but I somehow doubt it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay so it seems that the CBC player blocks you if you have something in the host

file say like one of their sponsers. Renane the hosts file to something

like old hosts temporarily and you should then be able to watch streaming video.

If anyone knows which line is causing the problem  please respond to this entry.

You can find the hosts file here.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

After reading here because I also couldn't get CBC video player to work EVER, and saw that the possible problem was an 'ad blocker', I have found that this was indeed the issue. I couldn't find this setting in my browsers, and hadn't suscribed to any such service, then I finally found it.

My internet security service is provided by Bell, and sure enough, there's an add blocker function in the 'my services' page of the security services window, where controls are also for anti-virus/spyware etc... I turned the add blocker to off and I can now watch videos/shows/news anything on the CBC player!!! Yay!!!

Thank you, sorry can't quote who it was in this discussion who wrote about this as I can't see the name as I'm replying, but bless you!

So it wasn't a browser issue, or flash, it was my internet security settings.

Though I still have yet to be able to install flash player for Explorer, but have managed to install for Firefox and Chrome so that's enough. I hate Explorer anyways and never use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello and thanks for your reply.

A while ago, I found the guilty ad blocker. I use Kaspersky Internet Security and eventually located the offending settings in the Anti-Banner portion of the protection center. I had to turn off the common banner list and also added the CBC URL to the list of exceptions. That seemed to do it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines