• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 4 export backgound images as jpeg

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to use Captivate 4 in conjunction with another piece of software for creating web help files.

I am using Captivate to create software demos for training purposes.  As this will also generate the screenshots I need for my web help files, I would like to export the background images created in the recording process.  Furthermore, I would like to export them as "not bmps" - i.e. jpegs.

Any help on this would be useful.  I don't want to have to use a 3rd party batch converter, I want captivate to be able to either take the screenshots in jpeg format or export them as jpegs.

bb

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

If you right click a background image in the Captivate 4 library and choose Export from the context menu you get the option in the Save As dialog to save as JPG.

Cp4_ExportAsJPG.png

But this only works for single images.  If you select multiple images to be exported from the library the option changes to Save to Folder.  You don't get to vary the export file format from the standard BMP file format.

If you ARE going to export software screenshots from Cp, I would personally suggest you use PNG format instead of JPG b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you right click a background image in the Captivate 4 library and choose Export from the context menu you get the option in the Save As dialog to save as JPG.

Cp4_ExportAsJPG.png

But this only works for single images.  If you select multiple images to be exported from the library the option changes to Save to Folder.  You don't get to vary the export file format from the standard BMP file format.

If you ARE going to export software screenshots from Cp, I would personally suggest you use PNG format instead of JPG because the compression algorithm in GIF and PNG files is far more efficient for  graphics that have large areas of flat colour.  JPGs are better for photos and anything that has lots of gradients, but it tends to make screen text look slightly fuzzy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to our community

I wholeheartedly second Rod's suggestion. I have been using PNG almost exclusively in all my work in recent years. Only once in a blue moon do I find myself resorting to a GIF or JPG.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources