• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate 5: msvcr90.dll error when opening projects from CP4

Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem during a few days and I don't know how to solve it.

I'm running a SO Win XP (with SP3) and I have been using Captivate 4 without any problem for months Last week I installed Captivate 5 (I deleted CP4 from the computer - not enough space for both versions)

CP5 works fine when I open a new project on this version or opening a project .cptx file previously created with CP5. My problem appears when opening a project previously created with CP4 (file with extension .cp). The CP5 tries to update the file but suddenly an error forcing to close the CP5 appears.

The details of the error are the next:

AppName: adobecaptivate.exe     AppVer: 5.0.2.630     ModName: msvcr90.dll
ModVer: 9.0.30729.4148     Offset: 00030655

Other computer in the office (running Windows 7) is working correctly, without the problem I have in my win XP machine.

Any idea to try to solve it?

Many thanks in advance. Regards.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello There,

Can you try deleting the preferences locates at C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe and upgrade the project and check? If it doesn't help, please send the project for me to investigate at viswanat@adobe.com

Thanks,

Vish

@vish_adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just sent an email.

Thanks for your help Vish.

Regards,

Juanpe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2011 Sep 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was there a solution to this problem as I encounter it in Captivate 5.5.0.257 when trying to edit a slide containing audio files for a captivate 5.5 project. The project can be previewed and it playes all the slides but none of the audio. If I click a slide in the filestrip which has audio Captivate will crash and show the error reporting screen. If l click on the audio in the library it will also crash captivate

The audio folder in the library has 5 items all called Narration1 with a use count fo 1 but with different sizes. even right clicking on the audio here will crash captivate. The other entries in the library don't case a crash

I have tried the project on 2 different computers but both will crash captivate if I try to select a slide with audio or use the library to try to select the audio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems a bit suspect that you would have 5 items all with the same item name in the library.  It sounds like something has gone astray in the upgrade process.

If you still have the original Captivate 4 project file and access to a version of Cp4 to edit it, try exporting all of the audio files to a folder as WAV files.  Then delete them from their respective slides and the library, before upgrading the project file to Cp 5.5.  Then after upgrading, import the same audio files into Cp5.5 and add them back to their respective slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought that was strange as well

This is a new captivate 5.5 file not an upgrade from a previous file version.

Is there a way to export the audio from the captivate file without opening it in captivate because I can't select the slide containing the audio or the audio items in the library without crashing captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to select a group of slides and copy/paste them to a new project?

If so, you might find that Captivate renames all the items on import and resolves the issue.

If you can't copy/paste slides, it might indicate that the project has become corrupted somehow.

If you created this project from scratch in Cp 5.5. can you think of anything unusual about it that might explain the corruption?  E.g. did you paste in content from somewhere else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was able to select all the slides and copy and paste to a new captivate project but still don't get a stable project file. I end up with only 1 narration1 file under Audio in Captivate library but also now notice I had 5 Media files called Fullmotion1_1.swf in the old library that still remain when I paste the slides into a new Captivate file. They all show different sizes but share the same name

I got the project from a co-worker who used the same version of Captivate to create it. They are un-available at the moment but really need to resolve this a.s.a.p

Is there a way to read the captivate library details outside of captivate application so I can confirm how many and what kinds of files are really there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible that your coworker inserted a single audio file and had it synchronised over several slides.  That might account for why the audio files all had the same name.

The Fullmotion files sound like they are FMV screencaptures.  Try removing them from your newly copied project and see if that makes it a bit more stable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources