• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Module compiles but no .swf produced

Jul 12, 2011 Jul 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Flash Builder 4.5.

One of the modules that compiles without error is still not being bound into the runtime image (in this case debug).

There are no compiler errors (auto build is switched ON) but a swf file is not being generated.

I  have tried removing the reference to the module in the Project  ->Properties->Modules window and then adding it back in to no  avail.

This was working up until I made a change to the module in question and then saved it.

I have tried to Clean and rebuild the project as well but this has not solved the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2011 Jul 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A project clean should re-generate the module if there are no compiler errors.

Can you post the contents of your Flash Builder log file? (workspacedir/.metadata/.log)

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just gotten it to create the swf.

The problem was, that an included ActionScript was generating a compile time error and this caused (presumably) the module including it to fail compilation although there was no message to this effect concerning the module.

Would you consider this to be normal behavior?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there should have been an error in the Problems view. What was the exact compiler error rectifying which your SWF got built?

-Anirudh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a "not defined" error in an included ActionScript file, which was a valid error as there was a reference to a variable in the Module which did not exist.

The swf file for the Module was not generated which surprised me because the error was not in the Module itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scott,

Can you please file a bug for this? - http://bugs.adobe.com/flex

Please attach sample project to the bug.

-rk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have fixed all of the problems and not sure I could re-ceate the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines