• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp X5 and TFS 2010

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2010 Sep 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are using RoboHelp X5 to create HTML help projects. Our R&D team is using Team Foundation Server Source Control and we're planning on storing our help projects there as well. I have installed Visual Studio 2010 and configured the team foundation server. Team Explorer is up and running. I also downloaded and installed the Team Foundation Server MSSCCI Provider 2010 v.3.3 plugin. RoboHelp recognised the Team Foundation Server but when I try to connect to the server from RoboHelp, a Server Busy -message appears. According to our R&D people the server is not busy and that there is probably some sort of a compatibility issue here. Is there a way to make RoboHelp X5 work with TFS source control?

Br,

Satu

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2010 Sep 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had a problem like that with RH6. I think the following link might be what we did to fix it.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michalma/archive/2008/04/03/msscci-with-robohelp.aspx

(I'm just guessing from a vague memory as I can't find anything in my emails. And we are using RH6, not X5.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amebr! Unfortunately this didn't fix our problem. I still get the Server busy -message. I guess I'll just have to persuade my employers to upgrade to RoboHelp 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, it's probably worth browsing the forums for posts about RH8 issues as there are fundamental changes between X5 and RH8. One issue that springs to mind is numbering - due to the change to standards based source files, numbering will require some fixing to display correctly after upgrading. There are numerous posts about this issue. (There is also a totally new method of numbering called multi-level lists, which has pros and cons.)

Also the interface will take some getting used to. The interface is more customisable, but also more confusing if you are used to X5.

It's definitely worth downloading the trial copy and playing around with a copy of your help, to see what problems you encounter. Peter Grainge's site is full of useful information about RH8 and issues encountered in this version.

Amebr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2011 Jul 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

My boss asked me to look into deploying Team Foundation Server. I  never really heard of it before but it looks like it's a newer version  MS VS sourcesafe ? Anyway, i am looking for learning materials and can't  see it find it anywhere? I guess it's too new,  I found a few silo tutorials here but nothing official ? Is there courses developed by Microsoft ?

thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community.

Your question seems to ask about Team Foundation Server itself and nothing really to do with RoboHelp. And if that's the case, you likely need to find a forum dedicated to supporting Team Foundation Server and ask there. You might try asking at the link below:

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp