Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows Properties Placement Frame doesn't work

Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently converted a Robohlep 8 for Word project to HTML.  The initial display of the help window is too narrow & I'm trying to change the values in the Placement frame on the Windows Properties window in order to make it wider.  It accepts the new values, but when I generate the project the help windows are the same size that they were before.  Any ideas what the problem is, or is there another place where I can make this change?  I have made other changes to the Windows Properties window such as checking or unchecking options, and that works fine.

Thanks very much!

Judith

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First try just deleting the old CHM before you compiling a new one.

Then try compiling to a different folder if that does not work.

Once a CHM has been opened I believe it remembers the users settings, in this case yours. If you put the CHM on a different machine, it would likely be OK the first time.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Peter is spot on. Normally the CHM stores its screen coordinates in a hidden file that stores coordinates for all CHM files.

One way to see it adapt to your desires is to delete this file. But that also would affect every other CHM on your system. That may be undesirable. The other way is to simply use a variant on the CHM file name. Because it is a new file, it would then store the new coordinates.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2011 Jul 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks both to Peter & Rick for their suggestions.  It was successful after I deleted the .chm file, made the changes I wanted, and then regerated.  I do have a second help project that I keep on the same hard drive, but in different folders, and the other chm was not affected when I changed this one.  Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp