Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe RoboHelp 8 - Positioning Popups

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2011 Jul 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a popup link in one of my topics that appears at the very bottom of the page. The issue I'm having is that when the user clicks to open the popup they have to scroll to see it. Adding white space beneath it helps (as does customizing the size) but is not ideal. Is there a workaround where I could actually have the popup display above the link?

Much thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with Robohelp 9. On long topics, my popup disappear all together and seem to be situated at the top of my screen which the users cannot get to.

This was never an issue in Robohelp 5, so i dont understand how this is now a problem in RH9.

I do hope someone has the answer to this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community

Please take a moment and report this to Adobe as a bug. The more reports, the more likely it will be to see a solution emerge.

Link to the bug report is in my sig line.

As for your statement:

This was never an issue in Robohelp 5, so i dont understand how this is now a problem in RH9.

Keep in mind that each release of ANY software may introduce issues that were unforseen. Especially with something like RoboHelp HTML. The popup functionality occurs courtesy of JavaScript. Each release brings tweaks to the JavaScript in order to properly accommodate different browsers.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rick, in my case the whole popup is displaying though I've seen LTL_RH's issue addressed elsewhere on these forums. The scroll that is necessary to see the popup in full however is awkward at best. Am I to understand that short of tackling the JavaScript I'm out of luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp