• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp adds 0 padding to tables?!

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2011 Jul 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating HTML help in RoboHelp 8.x by importing Word 2003 documents. RoboHelp adds padding-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px: padding-bottom: 0px; to my <td> elements after the padding: 0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; that carries over from the imported file (the padding used in the Word document). So the inserted code takes precedence.

Similarly,  I have a style sheet that I apply to the resulting HTM files. However, regardless of the styles in the CSS, the inserted code will naturally take precedence. The really, truly bizarre part of all this is that this code seems to be inserted dynamically, when I open a topic!

I know, bizarre, right? If I use the Edit > Find and Replace in Files feature from the menu to find padding-left: 0px; (or any of the other padding-xxx style text) then RoboHelp returns no instances/topics with that text. Similarly, if I use an external text editor, such as TextPad or Notepad++, they not only won't find the text on searching but when I examine the HTML in the text editor, the inserted padding-xxx: 0px; isn't in the document!

What the heck is going on here? Does anyone know why it does this? Does anyone know if there is some way to fix my tables without having to search every topic individually?! That's dozens, if not hundreds of topics. Using the Edit > Replace feature works on a per-topic level (weird) but it is really annoying because once I search for padding-xxx 0px; the next time I need to do it (the next topic) I find that RoboHelp has escaped out the semicolon in the drop-down list so I have to either retype my search or I have to select the one that's there and then delete the \ that RoboHelp inserted before the semicolon.

Anyone know what's going on?

Many thanks,

-jeff

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need to go to each topic that has these tables but then it is quick and easy. Right click in the table and click Table Style. Select the CSS table from the list and make sure you tick Clear Inline Styles. Click OK and your table should look as defined in the CSS.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peter. I was afraid of that.

I don't suppose you might know how or why RH dynamically inserts the inline code?

-jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but no. It might be possible to do something in the Word table that stops it but the time spent investigating how could well exceed the time it will take to fix it in RoboHelp.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Too true.

Thanks again.

-jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp